FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X: best basic training video and forum?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jacques revera
Final Cut Pro X: best basic training video and forum?
on Jan 5, 2015 at 11:28:56 pm

Bonjour, professeur !

I could not tell by browsing this forum if this is more focused on final cut pro 5-7, Final Cut Pro X or both. Any consensus on
* the best forum * for amateur Final Cut Pro X problem solving and learning?

MAIN QUESTION
What is generally accepted best or very good
free or low cost
basic training video Final Cut Pro X?

I have not done much with my old final cut 6 for some years and I never really had a firm grasp of the basics. I want to lay a strong foundation. I just installed Yosemite for the first time and downloaded FCPX and the basic concepts and language are confusing. I have a vision problem which makes it hard for me to read many pages so books are bad except as reference. Fast paced video is best. If something is going by too fast, I can just pause it but generally, I don't want to lazy around in training. I need to get cracking.

I have practical needs for not-for-profit work I am doing with street events, news style reports and academic forums which will usually go to youtube or DVD. Usually 1 camera, sometimes 3. I am not sure I need much special effects beyond slow/fast motion, color correction and graphics with great typography. Sound may be the most important element in my editing. Sometimes my sources are greater than 10. Symposium and conferences can be longer than 12 hours. I would be interested in drawing together 50 projects or more in compendiums of projects.

Apple recommends "web tutorials" that I know nothing about here
http://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/resources/
PowerUp Training with Larry Jordan
Ripple Training
lynda.com
macProVideo.com
GeniusDV

My camera Sony NX30
(with Sennheiser me66)

merci beaucoup,
Jacques

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Final Cut Pro X: best basic training video and forum?
on Jan 6, 2015 at 3:14:38 am

Ripple Training gets my vote by far. Go for it. They have some freebies in there for demonstrative purposes, and if you sign up for their newsletter they'll notify you of the weekly 5 min free tutorial(s) which can also be found on their site. As well they do a weekly show called Macbreak studio. FCP.co usually features all their goodies every week as well.

There are also lots of freebies out there all over the net.

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Jan 6, 2015 at 3:18:26 am

Hello,

I'm sure those are all good choices for training. I especially like the RippleTraining stuff. However, I noticed you don't have Izzy Video Training on your list. If you don't mind watching online it's free. It will get you up to speed very quickly.

http://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/

Return to posts index

Michael W. Towe
on Jan 6, 2015 at 5:43:59 pm

My vote for the Ripple folks as well. Low cost, great content and you can stick it on your iPad and watch along without tabbing back and for between FCPX and Quicktime player.

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]