FORUMS: list search recent posts

Starting FCPX Timecode at "0"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Thompson
Starting FCPX Timecode at "0"
on Jan 6, 2015 at 12:52:52 am

Hi.

I'm a first-time editor just finished picture-locking a feature film that I've been editing and need to apply a running time code for sound and coloring to do their thing. When I go to "Generators" and apply it, it starts at the same timecode that is in the middle of the screen, in this case 14:05:21:01. I'm told that this number corresponds to the first clip I brought into the project.

When I looked up how to modify the settings online and in the "Help" section, I selected the project and first tried going under "Window" then "Project Properties" but the "Project Properties" is grey so I can't select it. I then went to the "Inspector" under "Info" and tried clicking "Modify Settings" but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone have a clue on how I get a running Timecode on screen to start at "0"? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Starting FCPX Timecode at "0"
on Jan 6, 2015 at 1:08:55 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Jan 6, 2015 at 1:10:29 pm

[Mike Thompson] "When I go to "Generators" and apply it, it starts at the same timecode that is in the middle of the screen, in this case 14:05:21:01. I'm told that this number corresponds to the first clip I brought into the project."

No, that definitely shouldn't be that way, unless you manually entered a different starting TC when you first created the project yourself. Projects will always default to the last starting TC entered for a project. 00:00:00:00 if it was never changed. Then there's always the "Offset" setting for the generator itself.

If you aren't able to get into the project settings, which you of course should be able to, the way you describe, then simply copy/paste everything into a new project with the desired presets? The only thing you can't change after the first edit is the timebase.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]