FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-ray disc chapters made in fcpx do not work on all Blu-ray players

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harjit mohr
Blu-ray disc chapters made in fcpx do not work on all Blu-ray players
on Jan 2, 2015 at 10:16:47 pm

Hi I have made a bluray disc in the share option 2hrs long with chapter markers and burned it in toast but the chapters do not work on some blurry players.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Blu-ray disc chapters made in fcpx do not work on all Blu-ray players
on Jan 3, 2015 at 12:35:31 am

[Harjit mohr] "the chapters do not work on some blurry players."
Update the firmware on the Blu-ray players that don't work. That's the headache with Blu-ray... you can buy a disc from a store and it won't play unless you upgrade you player firmware. It's really annoying. So if it works in some players then it's not FCP X... it's more that likely the firmware in the players that don't work. Check the manufacturer's web site for updates.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 4, 2015 at 11:31:30 pm

[John Rofrano] "So if it works in some players then it's not FCP X..."

Erm... no, actually it IS FCP X's fault. It unfortunately just plain ignores chapters when outputting to BD. No idea why. It only burns BDs with generic chapters IIRC every minute or five, so custom chapters shouldn't work in any player. Unless they changed something very recently, which I doubt.

I have no way of testing, since optical media of any sort hasn't been part of my repertoire for over an easy 5 years.

If you need specific chapters, you'll need to use something like Toast.

- RK

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Jan 5, 2015 at 5:54:43 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Erm... no, actually it IS FCP X's fault. It unfortunately just plain ignores chapters when outputting to BD. No idea why. It only burns BDs with generic chapters IIRC every minute or five, so custom chapters shouldn't work in any player. Unless they changed something very recently, which I doubt."

I just burned a Blu-ray a couple of days ago with FCPX 10.1.4. It was 25 minutes long, with six custom chapter markers. It worked perfectly on the one Blu-ray player I tested it on.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 6, 2015 at 12:34:37 pm

[Jason Jenkins] "I just burned a Blu-ray a couple of days ago with FCPX 10.1.4. It was 25 minutes long, with six custom chapter markers. It worked perfectly on the one Blu-ray player I tested it on."
Yea, I was going to burn one to test this out myself but thanks for confirming that it works. I don't see why it wouldn't as long as you add Chapter markers in your video. I may still test this when I get a chance.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 6, 2015 at 12:40:22 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Jan 6, 2015 at 12:43:52 pm

My bad then. I guess it was changed at some point since I last tried it. Which admittedly was a loooong time (i.e. many versions) ago. But from what I gather, the poster frames are still ignored. Like I said, optical media hasn't been in my life for ages anymore, so I have no way of checking.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]