FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to copy selections from a clip to a copy that was sync-ed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aurel Kleinerman
How to copy selections from a clip to a copy that was sync-ed
on Dec 30, 2014 at 10:01:15 pm

New to FCP X and I need help.

I have two clips one sync to external sound and another with the camera mic. By mistake I edited a project with selection from the clip with the original sound. I would like to move my selections to the clip with the sync sound.

There appears to be no ability to do a copy and paste... I tried making a selection in the sync clip and attempted to set the start/end time manual but I can't... I looked on the internet and did a search here to see if there is any way to set the star/end times of a selection in the browser and I could not find it. Using the mouse to precisely set the times of the used selection is not possible to be that precise without a lot of frustration...

I guess I could do it in the timeline by using the the range selection and removing the unused material but then revealing in browser and adding a keywords, but it seems that it should be an easier way.

Return to posts index

Aurel Kleinerman
Re: How to copy selections from a clip to a copy that was sync-ed
on Dec 30, 2014 at 11:53:41 pm

I ended doing a manual and extremely tedious process: setting the time of input-output for each selection by manual entering them in the dashboard by looking at the original clip. It took me a couple of hours...

Still, it should be a better way... I can't imagine I am the only wuss to make such a mistake...

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Dec 31, 2014 at 12:04:25 pm

Sometimes the manual way is the only way. A couple hours is not too bad.

I know I have been there before. However, I can't expect the software to have a solution for every mistake I make! What it does is remind me not to do that again....glad you got it fixed.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Aurel Kleinerman
on Dec 31, 2014 at 6:59:37 pm

Thanks Scott for your replay... it is good to know that there is no quicker solution to this problem then my couple of hours... I would have been very frustrated if someone would have send me a reply with a simple solution after I got it all fixed...

In any case it seem that being able to copy a time value and paste it in dashboard or in the start/end time of another sub-clip (is this a taboo word in FCP world?) would be a no brainer... but I understand software development and its priorities.

Thanks again! and Happy New Year!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]