FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1.4 and xdcam SXS cards

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Godwin
FCPX 10.1.4 and xdcam SXS cards
on Dec 29, 2014 at 11:07:49 pm

I've just today received an iMac 5K and spent the day installing and such. I've run into a snag with xdcam SxS cards. I have 10.1.4 and have downloaded the pro codecs and updates, and to get the card to be seen had to install an SxS Sony driver.

I *thought* FCPX would now see the cards and import them without rewrapping them. It sees the cards but not as individual clips and if I do try to import I get green thumbnails, and it obviously isn't wrapping them or seeing them as mxf.

Everything still works on my other system and my Macbook Pro but those had the other Sony software installed before I updated them to Yosemite and 10.1.4, and it seems the clips on those systems are still being wrapped as .mov.

Any ideas as to what I've done wrong and how to fix?

Thanks,
John

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX 10.1.4 and xdcam SXS cards
on Dec 30, 2014 at 4:18:50 am

See here, it may help: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/34922#34922

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Dec 30, 2014 at 6:18:13 pm

Thanks, Jeremy, I'll give that a try.

Best,
John

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 31, 2014 at 2:11:19 am

Or maybe
https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets...

Camera Import Plug-In for Apple Final Cut Pro X (FCPX)

PDZK-LT2 - Camera Import Plug-In Version 1.0 for Final Cut Pro X | Release Notes

This plug in for Final Cut Pro X can be used to ingest video shot on Sony SxS cards in either :
XDCAM EX format: FAT/.MP4
XDCAM HD422 memory format: UDF/.MXF (i.e. PMW-100 and PMW-500)

Optical XDCAM users can use XDCAM Browser version 2.1 to ingest material into Final Cut Pro X

I believe the new .mxf supports may help with most Sony codecs with that extension with the exception of XAVC-L in which Sony says another update to the plugin is forthcoming.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:28:09 am

With all do respect, sir, I'd stay away from this. The plugin circumvents the native MXF nature of 10.1.4.

This is very very new to a Final Cut Pro workflow. I'm taking any Final Cut Pro. MXF is now native to OS X for the most part.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:10:17 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "With all do respect, sir, I'd stay away from this. The plugin circumvents the native MXF nature of 10.1.4."

BPAV folders are not .mxf. The media is .mp4. It may be supported but that would not be due to .mxf support.
XAVC-L .mxf confirmed not working. Sony states there will be a plugin update.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:21:34 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Garchow on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:42:26 pm

That is true, I guess it all depends on what Camera is used.

The f5/f55 shoots SxS to MXF in both XAVC and MPEG, and if you install Sony's plugin, the MXF files are rewrapped instead of used directly.

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:37:17 pm

Thanks, guys. I installed the plugins as on the other machines and it works with the xdcam ex files, rewrapping them. I'm not using any cameras that shoot Sony.mxf currently, so I'll deal with that issue when it comes up.

Best,
John

Best,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]