FORUMS: list search recent posts

WIFI interfering with FCPX booting up?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Villeneuve
WIFI interfering with FCPX booting up?
on Dec 29, 2014 at 6:43:38 pm

Hi there everyone.

When I boot up FCPX it hangs for about 30 seconds and then finishes the boot with no noticeable problem. When I turn off my wifi connection FCPX boots up in a couple of seconds. Does anyone know why this is the case and how I can fix it?

I am running Yosemite on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB of RAM, AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB.

Thanks,
James.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: WIFI interfering with FCPX booting up?
on Dec 30, 2014 at 12:34:07 am

Could be any number of things- i.e. something in a project connected to Dropbox. Or some other app that requires network access that is hanging and affecting FCPX.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

James Villeneuve
on Dec 30, 2014 at 5:06:33 am

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply. In regards to your theory, I'm not sure what to say. It has been like this since I did a clean install. I don't have a dropbox account and I don't have any other programs running that I am aware of. This is a real stumper. Are there any background processes or programs that run automatically without my knowledge?

Once again, I can't emphasize enough how fracking fast the program loads when the wireless is turned off. I'm greedy and I want this load speed all the time. I paid a lot of money for the mac tube. It's so weird that it has a problem with booting the very program it was built to run.

James.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Dec 30, 2014 at 5:15:35 am

Here is a totally of the wall suggestion. Check if you have an itunes account and if the password is working. I find Apple messing me up with iCloud when it wants to check my itunes password.

Return to posts index

James Villeneuve
on Dec 31, 2014 at 12:57:07 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Claude. My iTunes account is working just fine/password is just fine. But just to test the whole iCloud interference thing, I signed out of iCloud completely and tried opening FCPX. Same stupid hang for 30 seconds. Boots up like lightning with wifi turned off.

It's a fairly annoying little bug. Zionks.

Any other suggestions/solutions? Anyone? I'm ready to try stuff!

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]