FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Region in FCPX 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy Kiang
DVD Region in FCPX 10.0.9
on Dec 29, 2014 at 5:33:27 pm

Hi, I need to send my film to a festival in South Africa, on DVD screeners. I have FCPX 10.0.9 on a Mac OS 10.9.5. I cannot see where to find info on the Region format when doing any of the following: 1) a Share to DVD image, 2) burning the DVD image in Disk Utility, or 3) opening the file in VLC. Where does one find the Region info??? And is there a way to select for Region to master for somewhere?

Since the last posts on this were 4 years ago, I think some interfaces have changed, so thanks for any tips on just where to click to find this info.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVD Region in FCPX 10.0.9
on Dec 30, 2014 at 12:38:46 am

FCPX created DVDs are always region free and there is no way to set the region flag with FCPX otherwise.

Region settings in general are a complete waste of time anyway- assuming you're worried about piracy. Anyone who wants to rip your movie from a DVD can do so in a few seconds with region encoding or not.

Just burn in the name of the festival and that's as good as you can do. That said, most festival screeners absolutely hate to see window burn ins so don't be too obnoxious with it if you choose to go that way.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Nancy Kiang
Re: DVD Region in FCPX 10.0.9
on Dec 30, 2014 at 1:47:38 am

Thank you, Noah! What a relief. Why was that info so hard to find...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]