FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting HD movie (FCPX) to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmanuel Kaghondi
Exporting HD movie (FCPX) to DVD
on Dec 28, 2014 at 4:32:14 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this question has been addressed. I just bought this Lion Canon XL-H1 and I wanna shoot HD videos. I use FCPX for editing with no problem, but my question on how to export my movie at the best (HD) quality and whether with Encore I will be able to author to DVD without dropping the quality. The second Qn is about the knowledge of Blu Ray DVD, I know with the right plugin I can make it to DVD on Toast, but can Blu Ray play in a normal Home TVs?

EK

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Exporting HD movie (FCPX) to DVD
on Dec 29, 2014 at 1:10:48 pm

if you want HD quality you would need to burn a BluRay Disc. DVDs are SD, not good for HD screens. Blu Ray can be played on any HD TV, as long as you have a BluRay player. PS3 and XBox also play them.

To burn, send your project to compressor, choose the BluRay Setting and export. It will generate an H264 file and an .ac3 file. Import them in Encore and author the Disc. The quality you get will be very good, optimised for BluRay players.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Emmanuel Kaghondi
Re: Exporting HD movie (FCPX) to DVD
on Jan 3, 2015 at 6:47:44 am

Thank you Nikolas for the response. I see, so does it make any difference really (quality wise) to shoot in HD and burn to DVD or just SD. My ideas was that HD will give me a high quality DVD as compared to SD as far as XL-H1 is concerned!

Thanks again
Emmanuel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]