FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I Multicam AND split screen the angles?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Taylor
How do I Multicam AND split screen the angles?
on Dec 24, 2014 at 5:16:39 am

Hi,

I'm fairly new to FCPX for about 9 months and have been getting a project out pretty regularly, trying something different each time.

I recorded my self playing several instruments on a standard "Moonlight in Vermont" and it is posted here:

but it just has straight dissolves for the cuts. What I WISH to do is put up a split screen (horizontal and then vertical later in the timeline) essentially showing my performances on any instrument at any time.

I've looked at various tutorials using split screen, alpha channels and RTools but they all seem to resume the cuts are not part of a multi-cam and mine are, since I need to sync to my Logic Pro X audio mix track of the performance(s).

Can someone suggest to this FCP enthusiast a tutorial for doing split screens in my multi-cam project please?

thank you,
Jeff

Return to posts index

James Ewart
Re: How do I Multicam AND split screen the angles?
on Dec 24, 2014 at 12:07:30 pm
Last Edited By James Ewart on Dec 24, 2014 at 4:16:06 pm

I would export the Multicam clip and reimport and then sync and add my additional layers for split screen.

If you are using sync clips from the Multicam you could duplicate the master clip onto additional layers and introduce them as split screen as and where you see fit thus saving the hassle of resyncing from scratch.

Actually I'm not really sure you should bother with Multicam at all if they are complete takes. Just sync them up layer them and transform as and when you want to.

Any use?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]