FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can one copy the volume level attributes of a clip without also copying the fade in/ fade out animation?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Can one copy the volume level attributes of a clip without also copying the fade in/ fade out animation?
on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:31:40 am

My FCPx terminology may be off but, basically, I have a timeline of a concert and between every act is a fade out and a fade in to the next. I do this by pulling the slider on the audio channel at the beginning and ending of each clip (as opposed to manually entering keyframes).

It just occurred to me I could work faster by copying and pasting this on to all future clips after the first and then just checking that the timing still works for most clips and just adjusting those that need it.

However I also realised that the adjustment I did recently where I went back to a completed concert edit, pulled up the sound levels on one clip, and copy and pasted the volume level attribute on to all other quiet clips - has probably now had an unintended effect. It will have copied the fade in and fade out animation timings from my first volume adjusted clip on to all other subsequent adjusted clips where the volume level attributed has been pasted. This may have thrown the timing out for some concert acts where a fade out is longer or shorter depending on content.

Most of the time copying everything inkling fade in and fade out is useful to me but many times it would be good to only copy the volume level attributes without also copying volume level animation attributes. Is there any way to do this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]