FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm sure it's super easy buuuuutttt....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric Thompson
I'm sure it's super easy buuuuutttt....
on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07:06 pm

I'm a new FCPX editor but have been a 7 guy for a while. Anyway, at the end of my project I have a bunch of blank space in my timeline. When I go to export my 40 minute project it turns it in to a 2 hour project due to the blank space. How can I rid myself of that blank area?

Thanks and cheers!

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
Re: I'm sure it's super easy buuuuutttt....
on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:44:53 pm

It's a bug. I used to see it quite often but not recently.

Try Command-A, Command-C, Delete, Command-V
Any good?

If not make a new sequence and paste in there instead.

FS100, EX1, GoPro, 2x Hacks, FCPX etc

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:45:35 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Dec 15, 2014 at 7:56:33 pm

First, there actually is no "blank space" in the world of X.

Since Storylines are magnetic, blank space is automatically removed as the clips connect to each other by default.

If you have something that acts like "space" to push a clip downstream - what you actually have is a Gap Clip. Which is a tangible thing.

If this is what's happening, select the gap clip and remove it and everything will magnetically collapse down to just the actual content.

As you do this, be cognizant of whether there are connected clips that are attached to the Gap Clip. If so, then you need to move their attachments elsewhere or they'll be deleted along with the Gap.

BTW, this is most often seen with migrating Legacy editors trying to feel more comfortable using the Position Mode to move clips around in time - if you're doing that - try to moderate your use of Position mode while you're learning. Instead, try to embrace and work WITH magnetism. You'll learn faster that way. Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
on Dec 15, 2014 at 9:48:37 pm
Last Edited By Duncan Craig on Dec 18, 2014 at 6:48:53 pm

Bill, of course you are right, he may mean a gap clip stuck to the end of the Project, but I gave the benefit of the doubt.

I assume it's the bug that I sometimes see where the timeline shows longer then it actually is, sometimes buy a few frames and sometimes by many hours. Exporting the project creates a file with unexplained black at the end. A copy, delete, paste normally fixes it for me. Has anyone else seen this bug?

Hopefully we'll get a reply to say what fixed it...

EDIT. It's just happened to me again. 20 frames of nothing at the end of a timeline.

FS100, EX1, GoPro, 2x Hacks, FCPX etc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]