FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 10.1.x Stuck in Proxy mode?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Parke
FCP 10.1.x Stuck in Proxy mode?
on Dec 13, 2014 at 1:27:26 am

For a while, I thought it was just the video card. I am on a MacPro 4,1 (Early 2009) running 10.9.5 with 26 GB RAM and it HAD a ATI Radeon 4870 HD 512mb. The issue started, I think, with FCP X 10.1.1 -- at least a year ago but I know this function worked on this system at LEAST a year ago up in the viewer window, not in the pre 10.1 version where it was in the preferences.

Basically, I cannot do anything outside of Proxy mode. Anything I bring in, whether I tell it to or not, transcodes to proxy and will be off-line until it's ready - almost like working in Media Composer where I have to wait for things to ingest. So everything is always in proxy, I can click optimized/ original media until the cows come home and it still just works in proxy.

So for several reasons, I upgraded my graphics card to a modded GTX 780 3GB and kind of hoped this issue would solve itself. Unfortunately, it has not.

I have tried reinstalling FCP X by trashing it and then by using AppCleaner thinking maybe there was something I was missing but to no avail. Googling this issue for the last year or so yielded no results and all the manuals and troubleshooting from Apple do not say anything about functioning this way when your system specs are not up to par. Anyone seen this before or have any other troubleshooting ideas? Thanks!

David Parke
Editor
http://www.dparke.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCP 10.1.x Stuck in Proxy mode?
on Dec 13, 2014 at 8:36:28 pm

Do you actually have original media? For example, are you importing directly off the card, choosing leave in place and transcoding to proxy, then ejecting the card or something along those lines? I've never seen or heard of this issue.

i hardly ever create proxys though. How are you importing and what happens if you don't create proxys? Just use original or optimized?

Return to posts index

John Young
on Dec 15, 2014 at 2:38:26 am

This just happened to me with one of my systems. It was stuck in Proxy mode, and no amount of clicking would change it. There was another feature on the timeline that didn't work either but I can't remember now what it was. I ended up fixing it by using Preference Manager to delete the prefs, and then deleting the app, rebooting, and reinstalling. I realize you've kind of done that already, but maybe try again? It was very perplexing, but I finally got it working again.

Return to posts index

David Parke
on Dec 15, 2014 at 5:49:12 pm

That worked this time. Who knows?! I'll report back if it goes all wonky again! Thanks.

David Parke
Editor
http://www.dparke.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]