FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Fonts to Motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
FCPX Fonts to Motion
on Dec 13, 2014 at 10:57:09 am

Re-watching Mastering Text in Motion 5 by Mark Spencer from Ripple Training. Excellent!

I'm following his tip on how to make the fonts in FCPX available in the Font Book and thus to all other apps including Motion.

Following the tip to right-click on the Final Cut Pro app to Show Package Contents > Contents > Frameworks > TextFramework.framework > Versions > A > Resources > Fonts reveals... nothing. That is, nothing for me. In the tutorial of course is a list of fonts.

I'm using Yosemite. Is Yosemite preventing me from seeing the fonts or have they been moved? Or, maybe the fonts are now installed globally in the first place.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX Fonts to Motion
on Dec 13, 2014 at 4:28:06 pm

[Don Smith] "I'm using Yosemite. Is Yosemite preventing me from seeing the fonts or have they been moved? Or, maybe the fonts are now installed globally in the first place."

Nothing here on my machine either running 10.9.5. Not in FCP X nor in Motion. If you look under Contents/Resources/Fonts, there seems to be a single font (FCMetro34.ttf), which is probably the interface font.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 13, 2014 at 7:58:03 pm

Any font I install is installed for all apps. I've never even heard of fonts being installed for just one app. Different users, yes. Different apps? Odd.

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
on Dec 13, 2014 at 7:55:34 pm

Hi,
Check this path:
Contents/Frameworks/Flexo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Fonts

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 13, 2014 at 8:09:46 pm

[Eugeny Korkhin] "Contents/Frameworks/Flexo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Fonts"

Yes, I see them there.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
on Dec 13, 2014 at 8:55:58 pm

Those are built-in fcpx fonts. They're available only inside the program. If you want to use them in AE(or any other app) you need to "extract" them out of fcpx and install in FontBook.

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Dec 14, 2014 at 2:19:46 pm

Eugeny, yes, you found the right path. Thank you. That path is different (but the same except for one fork in the road) than the path demo'ed in the Ripple Training tutorial.

I wondered, with the fork in the road called 'Flexo' if it was somehow a 'flexible' font listing making the enclosed fonts already available to Font Book. But I checked, and no. None of the FCPX fonts were listed in Font Book (I spot checked. Didn't check every one) so I created a new FCPX Collection in Font Book and dragged over the FCPX fonts so that they are available to all apps via Font Book.

Once done I chose to list All fonts in Font Book and scanned through to see if there were now duplicates but I didn't see any.

Thanks very much!

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]