FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Management

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cathy Koutsavlis
Media Management
on Dec 12, 2014 at 8:07:28 pm

I know this is a topic extensively covered, but I had difficulty finding an answer to my specific question.

I am going to try to be clear with my explanation though the problem is a little convoluted.

I am working on editing a piece that took place over the course of several days. Each day has its own hard drive where I am taking footage off of, so for each day's final cut project I am taking all of the footage from each of these individual day's drives. However, for each of the days I am also including footage from a separate event that is all stored on multiple separate drives. Point is that all of my footage for any given day is on one drive EXCEPT for these separate clips, which are spread out over multiple drives. The files are too large (on average about 100 gb) so I do not have room to move them onto the individual day drives.

The problem arises when I am editing day X but need the separate footage from day Y and Z, which are on different drives. The other problem is limited ports, I can only have 3 drives plugged in at any one time, and one of the drives is my scratch disk and etc...

The difficulty I am having is figuring out a way to connect and reconnect these separate event drives without disturbing the edits I am making, but I don't know if that is possible. I am at least trying to figure out a way to smooth out the process and not give myself too many headaches. I know there may not be a 'solution' to this problem but I thought perhaps someone would have some workflow advice that could help.

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]