FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX hanging when I try to play a clip on the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danica D'souza
FCPX hanging when I try to play a clip on the timeline
on Dec 12, 2014 at 8:11:55 pm

Hey!

I'm using FCPX to edit a parody video. I recorded all the footage on the Sony PMW 200, using a UDF format to record on the SXS card, and transferred it to FCPX through a USB cable. It was recorded at a frame rate of 59.94. I have 64 clips in all. It imported everything, but, while importing initially it only imported the first half and not the rest. I reimported the second half again. Now, The first 30 clips are fine but, when I add the clips(from the other half which got reimported) in my timeline and try playing it by hitting the space bar, the viewer goes black and FCPX starts hanging. When I checked background tasks it shows that it is transcoding and analyzing the clip. I waited for the entire clip to finish transcoding. It plays well then. The issue is that I have 30 more clips to add in the timeline, and If I add all the clips at one go, I feel it'll crash the system. But if I do it one by one, it will take me forever. Does this have to do with the format of the card or the frame rate? Help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]