FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transform Key Frames...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Austin
Transform Key Frames...
on Dec 11, 2014 at 11:41:19 pm

Maybe everyone knows this... I didn't. When you set a transform keyframe (position in this example) by adjusting one axis in the inspector, it does not change the setting for the other axis.

The KF will only capture both axes if you add the KF before adjusting the coords by clicking the button in the inspector (or CNTRL-clicking the clips animation timeline), or by adjusting both axes on the KF. Adjusting one axis without setting a KF first only sets a KF for that axis.

I never really got how this worked, I figured that if you create a KF by adjusting the coordinates in the inspector it would lock *both* axes values at that KF. But it doesn't. It's actually kind of cool now that I know the behavior. Is this common knowledge? I don't KF a lot so I just discovered this behavior... ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Transform Key Frames...
on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:29:34 am

As for me, yes, common standard procedure as far as any animation goes. It's never done anything to surprise me. But there is no need for it to adjust both axes if you only adjust one. If something doesn't change, then there's bo reason for it to be Keyframes. It might intact screw up what you're intending on the next Keyframe.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:41:37 am

Well, there ya go. I guess I need to keyframe stuff more. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 12, 2014 at 3:58:49 pm

Can someone please tell me why FCPX still does the weird keyframe path bend when both sides are set to "smooth"?

It drives me absolutely crazy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]