FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF from XDCAM Discs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
MXF from XDCAM Discs
on Dec 11, 2014 at 10:23:08 pm

Before the latest FCPX update I was importing XDCAM discs, which contain MXF files, using Content Browser from Sony.

Now that MXF is fully supported I thought I could just drag off the MXF files to a hard drive and import them through FCPX. Seemed to work but only got the first minute on playback. The file size indicated the whole clip was there but only about a minute displayed.

OK. I tried importing directly from the XDCAM disc (I have the reader driver installed) on the theory that FCPX needed the MXF files to be contained within the folder structure of the XDCAM camera disc. Again, only the first minute or so was imported. Again the file size indicated that the whole clip was imported.

So, I'm back to using Content Browser. Rats.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: MXF from XDCAM Discs
on Dec 12, 2014 at 9:18:58 am
Last Edited By Ronny Courtens on Dec 12, 2014 at 9:19:39 am

Don,

I cannot test this as I have no such discs. But use the FCP X feedback page and describe the issue exactly as you did in your post. They are gathering feedback about the MXF implementation for further enhancements, so now is the time.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Dec 12, 2014 at 11:35:59 am

Thank Ronny. I did that at your suggestion. It's the first time I've ever sent feedback. The more I think about it, you're right. It's worthy of a feedback report.

The thing is, it seemed to be working whether I just moved the MXF files to a hard drive and imported from there or directly imported from the XDCAM disc reader. Final Cut Pro X controlled the reader just fine and the time it took was normal for the file sizes. Yet, I would get a visible clip that was less than a minute despite the file size seem way too big for such a short clip.

Thank you.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:02:35 pm

Is it exactly a minute?

If so, perhaps you have some demo MXF components installed such as Calibrated, MXF4mac, or Nablet?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]