FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synchronized clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hudson
Synchronized clip
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:00:11 pm

I have several takes. Video clips and audio clips separate but with matching code.
I hi-light them and tell FCPX to synchronize. this gives me a new "synchronized " clip.
with the takes all laid out in order.
All good.

if I edit that into a cut, the cut references that "synchronized"clip.
How do I track back to the original sound file?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Synchronized clip
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:14:08 pm

What exactly are you trying to do?

You could "open in timeline" (right click the clip and choose Open in Timeline) which will open the clip with the separate elements in it's own little timeline, and then match frame back to the audio in the Browser

Does that help?

Return to posts index

David Hudson
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:24:32 pm

Oh I see!! Yes this is exactly what I wanted to do. Get back to the original sound file.
selecting the clip and choosing open in timeline, worked.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:16:33 pm

Not quite sure what your asking but are you switching both audio and video when you're cutting? Then set the primary audio in the angle editor and use the icons at the top of the multicam viewer to choose to just switch the video.

Or is something else happening?

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

David Hudson
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:28:54 pm

thanks all! It was a sync clip not multi cam clip. I had several takes, video clips 1-6 and seperate audio clips 1-6. I used sync clips to make 1 stringout of the takes with the audio synched. edit that into the time line. at that point i was finding no way to track back to the original sound file, from the timeline. But right click the clip and open in timeline took me directly to the segment used and I could then match frame back to original sound file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]