FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue between Final Cut X and Compressor 4.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drexel Brooks
Issue between Final Cut X and Compressor 4.1
on Dec 11, 2014 at 5:58:59 pm

Hello everyone, this is my very first post on Creative Cow and I look forward to being part of this community. Here is the issue that I am having. Me and my wife recorded video at a wedding using a Canon DSLR at 24fps 1080p. We then took that video and converted it to Apple Pro Res 422, in which the video still stayed in 1080p. From there we sent the edited video out of Final Cut X into Compressor 4.1. We then sent that file out of Compressor using the Create a Blu-Ray preset. We set the output location as our Desktop and when finished, on our Desktop we had a H.264 file and a .ac3 file. Here is where the issue starts. Since our Blu-Ray burner is in our PC and not in our Mac, we us TSMuxer http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR to author the Blu-Ray files for burning and then bring the files over to our PC to use ImgBurn or Nero to burn the Blu-Ray. Since TSMuxer does not do any encoding of sorts, when we pull the files into it we see that our files have went from 1080p to 1080i. And we have come to the conclusion that the change is happening between Final Cut X and Compressor since TMuxer does not encode. We really want to keep the video at 1080P and not have it change to 1080i but we cannot figure out why it is changing when outputted from Compressor. Does anyone have an idea why this change may be happening?

Thank in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Issue between Final Cut X and Compressor 4.1
on Dec 11, 2014 at 7:52:02 pm

I have no idea why it's happening but check the Properties of the encoding preset yo chose in Compressor and change as needed. At worst, create you own preset that matches whatever it is your burning application expects.

You can also grab something like the media-info app to check that the format of the output file to confirm where in the process it's changing to 1080i.

Is there a reason not to get FCPX output as a bluray disc image, then burn the image from the PC?

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Drexel Brooks
on Dec 11, 2014 at 7:56:40 pm

Thanks Jeff, your response is very helpful. I never consider doing it as a Blu-Ray image out of FCPX. I knew you could burn a Blu-Ray from FCPX but never knew about creating an image. If possible can you explain what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Drexel Brooks
on Dec 17, 2014 at 8:05:18 pm

Quick Update. I was able to create a disc image from FCPX and burn it to Blu Ray. I also took the h.264 and .ac3 files that compressor exported and burn't them to blu-ray also. I burn't version of the files on Verbatim BD-R and BD-RE disc, using imgburn. I am sure that I had the correct UDF version and all setup. I have 2 Panasonic Blu Ray players. One is the DMP-BDT320 and the other is the DMP-BD35. I have made sure that my firmware was updated on my burners also. Here is where the new issue comes in. I am sure that the BDT-320 plays BD-R and BD-RE disc but when I put one in, it shows no video and the sound just skips. Whereas on the BD35, there is no video but the sound plays fine. I have tried it all but can't ourt why this is happening. On the flip side, I brought the the disc to work and out of the BD-R disc and BD-RE disc, only the BD-RE disc played correctly on our Yamaha Blu-Ray player. I am at a lost. Please help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]