FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Library Sharing on SAN

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwight Duncan
FCP X Library Sharing on SAN
on Dec 10, 2014 at 9:17:46 pm

Hello,

I'm having some problems sharing FCP X Library bundle files that live on a SAN. I understand that only one user can have access to the Library bundle at a time and that it must be closed out before another user can open it.

I have 5 MacPro systems running Mavericks, FCP X 10.1.3 with all project media and FCP X Library files shared via StorNext 5 SAN.

I'm using a umask that applies 777 perms to all files and folders on the SAN vs. Open Directory at this time. I don't have a system use as the OD master yet. Thus, all user accounts are local only and standard.

As a standard user I can create and FCP X Library file and work it without issues as that user only. When I try to open the Library file from another user I get a denial due to permissions error.

With Admin users there are no problems sharing Libraries, but I'm stuck with standard users.

I've tired using a "launchd-user.conf" configured for 777 in the hopes of correcting the application file problem, but this has no effect on the error I'm seeing with the FCP X Library file.

It comes down to bad owner settings when standard users are being used. Standard users are setting the owner as themselves vs root when admin accounts are used.

Maybe I'm using incorrect settings in the launchd-user.conf file I'm not sure.

If anyone has any insight as to how I can maintain standard users and still share FCP X Library files on the SAN that would be great?

Thanks
Dwight

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X Library Sharing on SAN
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:23:59 pm

I use a SAN, but everyone user is admin so I haven't seen these problems. We have another lockout system that comes with our SAN.

I would head over here and ask, perhaps someone may be able to help you out: https://forums.creativecow.net/sanetworks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]