FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unusual Library Update Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Leno
Unusual Library Update Problem
on Dec 8, 2014 at 8:30:52 pm

I have a strange thing happening when I attempt to update an old library. I'm choosing to update manually. When I tell FCPX to go ahead and update, everything looks like it is happening as planned - except that in Final Cut the project files are no where to be found. Let me hasten to add that I know Final Cut is supposed to put them into an Event created especially for the old Projects. But when I look for it nothing is there. I have done this before with no problems.

When I look at what actually took place at the finder level I find that all the events have been moved just fine but the old project folder is left alone and still intact. I've attached screen grabs to show what I'm talking about. I've looked to see if anyone else has had this problem but so far I'm not finding anything.

Any idea's as to what is happening? And how I can fix this...

Old folders before update...

Old folder contents before update

File structure after update... note old project file still intact.

Thanks,

Greg

Return to posts index

Gregory Leno
Re: Unusual Library Update Problem
on Dec 10, 2014 at 11:39:24 pm

Just had a thought.

I don't know that this is the case but...

If the old Project and Event folders have been moved from one drive to another without being opened again, would there be any meta data in the Project file that would screw up an update to the new Library structure? In other words, if the meta data in the project file said it was on a different drive would it be ignored by the update process?
Edit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]