FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project corrupt after updating to library

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Krueger
Project corrupt after updating to library
on Dec 7, 2014 at 3:19:58 pm

Hi,

I had an unfinished project working with a 10.0.X version and then updated FCP (I think to 10.1.2 at the time) and when prompted performed the update process while choosing the option to keep the old data.

The update finished, I got no errors or warnings and the event looks ok and at first glance all clips have made it through but my project timeline is empty (before the update it contained 15+ minutes of edited film). I have repeated the process now with 10.1.4 (by moving the data saved to "Old XYZ Final Cut Projects and Events" to the top level of the disk) hoping that the bug that caused the update not to work was fixed by now but still get the same result.

Is the only thing I can try now to somewhere find an old version of FCPX to open and finish the project or are there other things I can try?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

P.S.: Please don't tell me not to perform a software update and expect to be able to work with old (6 months!) projects! I

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Project corrupt after updating to library
on Dec 7, 2014 at 7:39:02 pm

You say your timeline is blank. What is the name of your timeline, and what event is it in? Timelines are stored in events. Is there a possibility you simply haven't opened your timeline?

For each job I create a library with two events. One called sequences where I keep the projects(timelines). And one called media where the media / keywords reside.

Return to posts index

Robert Krueger
Re: Project corrupt after updating to library
on Dec 8, 2014 at 9:50:56 am

It is called "Blender Road Movie Clip" and is contained in the Event "Updated Projects" and I can doubleclick it, then the timeline opens and has that name and is empty. I have gone through the process with other projects for which the update simply worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]