FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro cutting frames from previous clip in timeline.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Carlton
Final Cut Pro cutting frames from previous clip in timeline.
on Dec 2, 2014 at 6:37:24 pm

While editing on Final Cut Pro, I've noticed today for the first time that when I've put clips into my project timeline, they are being seperated by a small black strip, which is not part of the selected clip.

You can see them here and after closer inspection, they are the last frame the previous clip.

To clarify, I am not using the position tool (P) to drop the clips from the library to the timeline,I am using the select tool (A) to drag and drop into the timeline. The same problem happens when I attempt to append the selected clip to the storyline (E).

I found that you can manually remove them by selecting them and dropping them below like so. Though this doesn't happen all the time, it seems as though it starts happening after a certain point, making me feel as though I may have accidentally pressed a button or triggered something to make it start doing this.

I have tried to close down FCP and restart it but it appears to be something which specifically affects individual storylines.

Is there any explanation as to why this keeps happening and is there any way to stop it from happening ever again?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Final Cut Pro cutting frames from previous clip in timeline.
on Dec 2, 2014 at 9:31:18 pm

Maybe some sort of frame rate mismatch? Like putting 30p in a 29.97 timeline or vice versa? Still...

What version?

Return to posts index

Luke Carlton
on Dec 4, 2014 at 4:42:34 pm

It's version 10.0.8 on OS X 10.9.5. I checked the frame rates and they both match as 29.97p, so it's confusing me to great extent.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 4, 2014 at 7:56:03 pm

I seem to remember reading something about that bug a loooooong time ago possibly. Can you update to 10.0.9? Wasn't that the last version before 10.1?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]