FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Timer & Pro Blur

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patricia van der Does
Pro Timer & Pro Blur
on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:22:00 pm

I just bought a plug in from Pixel Films. 'Pro blur' seemed a great way to defocus background, but I cannot use the custom shapes, the whole image is blurred and I cannot reverse the image or mask..

For the same project I bought Pro Timer (a digital clock in the video which is counting down), but none of the shapes are working.I only see an ugly neo green digit number. Anybody had the same problem? I contact the helpdesk, but it is America and every question is costing a day and I want to finish the project.
thank you

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Pro Timer & Pro Blur
on Nov 26, 2014 at 8:20:21 pm

Some of us avoid PFS products in general. They had a bit of a checkered development history of "borrowing" code that isn't theirs to borrow. - I'm sure the stories can be found via the web.

So their name on something is a red flag for me from a couple of years back. But that's a couple of year back.

Could be different now, for all I know.

I haven't got a clue currently as to whether the stuff is gold or junk.

I will say that the FIRST place I look when something is goring wrong with someones system is to see which plug-ins are installed. It's historically been among the most common cause of performance and crashing issues.

YMMV.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]