FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing project file. I can see it in bundle but not FCP.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz Oakley
Missing project file. I can see it in bundle but not FCP.
on Nov 24, 2014 at 10:20:01 pm

I'm editing a project on FCP X. latest version.

When I opened it today. The project timeline I had been working on was gone. Although, everything else it there. I do see a fcpcurrentevent file that I believe may be the missing file in the package contents of the bundle. But, when I tried opening it directly it opens up a text file.

There is a little confusion in that there are 2 project files in the library that I can see in FCP. Both contain only two clips. I was well into a 12 minute project when I quit yesterday.

If you open up the bundle in finder there are 4 fcpcurrentevent files. 1 in a file under the name of the project, 1 in a file under the copy of the name of the file, 1 in the root of the library, 1 in an event file. They all have 107 kb except for the one in the root file that has 4.3mbs. I think that may be the right one. But I can't see it in FCP and other experiments have been unsuccessful.

I tried opening up the backups on my hard drive but the project isn't there either.

Things that may or may not have played a part.

Yesterday, after I finished editing, I thought I had already closed FCP and went to eject my external drive. I gave it a few seconds and cut the power to the drive. Then I realized FCP was still on and I had shut it off before it was ejected. However, nothing was happening. No rendering... nothing.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Return to posts index

sean miller
Re: Missing project file. I can see it in bundle but not FCP.
on May 18, 2015 at 3:11:47 pm

Hey just wondering if you managed to find a fix for this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]