FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indulge a FCPX noob for a moment please

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Frome
Indulge a FCPX noob for a moment please
on Nov 24, 2014 at 3:24:12 pm

Let's pretend I have two segments in a sequence, "SEG A" and "SEG B" which run one after another. I have a music track under SEG A, and a different music track under SEG B.

If I cut a section of SEG A, The underlying music remains extended, and now overlaps the music from SEG B.

Is there an easy way to automatically have the music under SEG A shorten, alongside any edits that I make to SEG A?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Indulge a FCPX noob for a moment please
on Nov 24, 2014 at 3:49:05 pm

You could do this with a compound clip but that would make the sequence editing less flexible. I'd suggest lasso edits instead.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Nov 24, 2014 at 5:34:05 pm

I use option+right bracket (or left, depending on your needs) constantly with things like this.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Nov 24, 2014 at 6:14:33 pm
Last Edited By Bob Woodhead on Nov 24, 2014 at 6:17:08 pm

If you're cutting from the end of Seg A, you could blade-all. Then select the end of Seg A, delete, and any connected clips on the end of A will go 'poof'. 3 keystrokes. Shift-Cmd-B, C, Delete.

PS - any connected clips that get bladed this way automatically re-connect to the 1st frame of the newly bladed Primary clip, which is why they go poof when primary is deleted.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Nov 24, 2014 at 11:39:31 pm

This is a tricky question, no? you are cutting picture and expecting a music cut to be in the right place hen you make the picture cut?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 25, 2014 at 3:53:15 am

With snapping on and magnetic behavior, not hard to trim the attached audio to new edit point.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]