FORUMS: list search recent posts

why does some media keep disconnecting in my event?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenn Lindsay
why does some media keep disconnecting in my event?
on Nov 19, 2014 at 11:11:39 am

I filmed over a period of 3 months last spring with a Canon HF-10. I collected a lot of scattered folders of AVCHD footage. Then I moved, got a new computer, and last week just imported it all into FCP 10.1.3.

A lot of the footage went in just fine, but whenever I reboot my computer and open FCP, a number of clips are in red with the yellow ! triangle and read "missing camera." Thank goodness the keyword data still seems to be in place.

When I try to do "reimport" nothing happens and there is no list of suggested dropped files. So then I choose "import," and go to the folder where the dropped files are, and if i merely click on the file names without even importing them, the red "missing camera" icon changes to show the clip thumbnail in the event folder.

I have a screen capture of all this but it doesn't seem I can post one here.

Please let me know if you have any ideas what is going on! Most importantly, I just don't want to have to keep reconnecting things! Thanks a lot!
Jenn

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: why does some media keep disconnecting in my event?
on Nov 19, 2014 at 4:37:18 pm

Most likely, you stated working before the footage was finished importing.

You should add the enclosing folder that is holding the footage in question to the "Favorites" section of the import window by dragging the folder to the word "Favorites".

Then from the Browser, choose File > Import > Remiport from Camera/Archive and see what happens.

Let us know.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Nov 30, 2014 at 2:07:17 pm

This keeps happening, even if I wait until all the background tasks are idle and there doesn't seem to be any more importing happening. I even created a new event, re-imported everything, and wait for like 12 hours before quitting FCPX. Yet, every time I quit and then open FCPX, half of the media is disconnected. It won't "reimport" from camera/archive, just import from the same folder every time. Thank God, it seems to retain the keywording work I've done.

Looking at my folder structure (screenshots below), in the "all footage" folder (the one I keep re-importing), the AVCHD folders all have the same folder structure (AVCHDTN/BDMV/CANON) except for AVCHD 1, which only has an AVCHD content.

Should I re-organize my import folder somehow? OR should I change import settings to go to a different place?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 30, 2014 at 3:08:40 pm

Highlight the "missing camera" clip and right click and choose to reveal in finder.

Where does it take you?

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Nov 30, 2014 at 6:22:28 pm

No dice. As you can see, the "reveal in finder" option is not even offered to me, whether the files are present or missing. I tried to take a bunch of screen shots to show you what happens when I quit FCP10 and re-open then have to follow the steps to reimport. Gah!!!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 30, 2014 at 7:56:55 pm

Quit fcpx.

Find the library in the Finder.

Right click and "Show Package Contents"

Find a folder that is named the same as your Event, which appears to be "11-24-14 re-import".

Find the "Original Media" folder inside of the "11-24-14 re-import" folder.

Now, find files that have matching names as an offline clip such as "Clip # 101" You may see multiple names such as Clip #101 (fcp1) etc.

They should be small files that may have a little arrow on them like this:

Trash the files that have Clip #101 i the name. Open FCPX, Select the import window, and find Clip 101. Reimport it.

What are the results?

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:30:36 am

I feel kind of stupid about this, but I don't know where the FCP Library is located. As you can see I'm probably not looking in the right place...can you be excruciatingly specific? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 1, 2014 at 10:46:06 am

Okay, I found the FCP Library in the Movies directory.

As you can see there are two events. The original event was "Apr 9 10 17 gopro keyworded," into which I originally imported ALL of my footage from the "all footage" desktop folder which I detailed above. This is not the original title; it is the title I changed it to when I decided to create the second event, "11-24-14 re-import," and import everything in a second time because I was having these file disconnection issues. The file disconnection problems have continued in the same way in the new event. I changed the name of the "Apr 9 10 17 gopro keyworded" event because I was anxious to keep all of the keyword data for the several multi-hour interviews I had already keyworded.

What is weird to me looking at these library folders is that the original event "Apr 9 10 17 gopro keyworded" has a lot of files in it, repetitive files of the nature you described in your post. But the new event "11-24-14 re-import" has very few files in its folder, even though I have imported "all footage" into it about five times.

Do you think I need to structure the folders differently in the original desktop folder from which I am importing?

Here are the folders from the Library side.

I really, really appreciate your help here! I have no idea what to do. What I am most anxious about is losing my keywording hours, but once I start cutting it would not be good to constantly have to reimport everything whenever I open FCPx.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 1, 2014 at 2:06:18 pm

Intent that's because you consolidated the media out of that Event earlier, but there should still be a representative alias file.

You may see duplicate file names as AVCHD can have duplicate file names by nature, and FCpx appends (fcp1)... At the end to differentiate. Other times they are duplicate imports of something isn't working correctly.

There is something weird going on for sure.

What is in the IBCSR folder? That seems odd.

In the "Apr..." event folder, do you see "Clip #101"?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 1, 2014 at 5:06:48 pm

I was thinking more about this, and it seems like something went wrong with your current library.

Don't worry, you won't lose your key wording.

I'd make a new library.

Drag the "reimport" Event over to it. X will ask if you want to move the Proxy/Optimized, say no.

What for that process to complete.

Re-import any offline files. Any better?

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 12:01:31 pm

Hi Jeremy! I was delayed in answering because FCPX took like a whole day to analyze my re-imported files and I wasn't able to quit the program to see what was successfully importing.

So, here's the scoop.
1. I got my original SD cards of footage out of storage and re-loaded the original files all over again into a desktop folder called "re-loaded IBCSR." Then in FCPX I created a new library, "IBCSR Re-import 12-3-14" and reimported the footage files from this new desktop folder.
2. I also created a third new library, "IBCSR 2," and transferred the "reimport Event" from the original library as you instructed. Then, as you instructed, I re-imported the files from the first, original desktop folder, "Camera A footage."
3. Once all the importing and analysis was done, I quit FCPX and re-opened it. The screen captures below will show you that the "reimport" folder in Library IBCSR 2 is still troubling me with disconnected links, but that the footage in the entirely new library imported from the entirely new desktop folder seems to remain connected.

I'm happy to work off this new library "IBCSR Re-import 12-3-14", but one point of concern remains my hours of keywording that remains intact in the "reimport event." Do you know if there is a way for me to somehow merge the keywording work into the new healthy library?

Thank you again for all of your help!!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 6:10:28 pm

Thanks, Jenn.

I think we need to focus on just the clips that aren't working. How many are there?

In the original IBCSR library, can you reconnect those busted clips to the good media in the IBCSR Reimport library?

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 8:25:28 pm

I am not totally clear on what you mean when you ask, "In the original IBCSR library, can you reconnect those busted clips to the good media in the IBCSR Reimport library?" Or, perhaps I'm just not clear on how to do it (and whether I can).

The new, good IBCSR reimport library contains footage that was imported from a new desktop folder full of footage I re-loaded from the original SD Cards. I did that because I was worried that the problem was in the folder structure of the original desktop file. When I was filming in the spring I was backing up every few days from the same cards and I wondered if there was redundant footage that was confusing the import process. (See first screen capture.)

All footage imported from the first desktop folder is the stuff that keeps disconnecting. The re-loaded stuff is in with no error message. (See second screen capture.) Another strange feature is that when I go to re-import the original disconnected files, I don't even need to fully reimport everything. It's been enough to just wave my cursor over the file names and then the "missing camera" icon changes to the footage thumbnail.

Since the "IBCSR Reimport" library contains files imported from the new "re-load" desktop files, I am not sure how to (as you asked above) "reconnect those busted clips to the good media in the IBCSR Reimport library." Even though files are identical they now have different sources on the desktop. Does different file paths make them different files? In any case, how would I reconnect files across libraries?

Oh Gosh this is confusing.

http://www.JennLindsay.com
iMac 27-inch, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7. 4GB GPU.
FCPX

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 8:42:06 pm

PS: I had 20 days of filming. Footage from cards used over 10 days disconnect. 1 day half-disconnects because I changed SD Cards halfway through the day, and footage from one card connects and footage from the other one disconnects.

Overall I used 6 SD Cards. Footage from 2 of them consistently disconnect, footage from 2 of them consistently connect, and footage from two of them are half-and-half.

Mind you, this is not happening when I re-loaded all SD Cards in one day yesterday and reimported from a more organized source folder on the desktop. So I don't think the footage is corrupted.

At this point my priority is preserving my keyword work on the original footage.

As you can see from the screen capture the keyword data is preserved on disconnected files.

I think I've just discovered that if I try to re-import from the NEW desktop folder a file that had been keyworded and disconnected, it doesn't seem to work. Then again, I might be doing it wrong (just reimporting). I'm not sure how to just reconnect things. I just keep reimporting. That can't be right.

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 8:53:54 pm

From your screen grab, clip #225 and #226 are disconnected. Let's start there.

In the Library that is working (the Reimport Library), find Clip 225 and 226. Now, Right click on them and choose "Reveal in Finder" and note the location.

Now, on the disconnected Library, select the Event in the FCPX Browser with the missing 225 and 226 clips in it, and select those two clips

Choose File > Relink Files...

Click the "All" radio button.

225 and 226 should show up in the "Original Files" list.

Select them both in the list, and click "Locate Selected"

Point FCPX to the "Reveal in Finder" location that you found earlier and click "Choose".

Then click "Relink Files".

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:18:03 pm

Goddamnit, this is such a good idea, and I really wish it would work. But no dice on "225 and 226 should show up in the "Original Files" list." See screen capture.

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:27:47 pm

That usually means there's a bigger problem.

Try dragging the 225 clip from the Finder in to the original Library.

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:07:18 pm

Nothing happened.

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:50:37 pm

Also, one more thing.

You say that after you reimport the footage to the broken library, you can see the footage until you quit and restart FCPX. Is that right?

Well, after you reimport, and you CAN see the footage, don't quit, but rather right click on that clip, and choose Reveal in Finder. Where does it take you?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:06:18 pm

there's no end to the aggravation!

from the screen capture you can see that when i reimport, the error message disappears, but the "reveal in finder" option is not available to me!!!

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:12:35 pm

I don't know what that little camera icon is on the footage. That is part of the problem. I think FCPX is using the media from the "camera" which is your media card.

Right click that clip and chose "Transcode Media" and click the optimized tick box.

What happens?

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:17:25 pm

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:18:52 pm

OK.

Do you know which card that footage is on?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:20:17 pm

Or which folder it is from in the Finder?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:25:07 pm

The reason I ask is that I need you to do something for me.

Open the import window, and find that Card or Folder that the #225 clip came from your original import.

Add that folder by dragging it to the "Favorites" tab in the import window.

Close the import window.

Click the #225 clip and choose File > Import > Reimport from Camera/Archive.

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 9, 2014 at 3:24:21 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Well, I've started keywording in the newest library, the one that contains footage from the re-loaded footage folder, and everything is working perfectly. So I think I should just abandon ship on those other disconnecting libraries. The only thing that bothers me is that I have about 3 hours of interview footage keyworded in the disconnecting library that I'd dearly love not to have to re-keyword. Do you know of anyway I can import keywords from another library into my new functional library? I imagine editors have to import keyword work from assistants all the time...I wanted to ask you before I merged anything, though, because I don't want to ruin my newest, perfectly functional library. what do you think?

Jenn

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:33:10 pm

[Jenn Lindsay] "Do you know of anyway I can import keywords from another library into my new functional library? I imagine editors have to import keyword work from assistants all the time...I wanted to ask you before I merged anything, though, because I don't want to ruin my newest, perfectly functional library. what do you think?"

I think that we only need to focus on the clips that are disconnected, because why redo all of the work for the clips that are working?

There are two parts to this.

Part 1: You can drag keywords from any Event to any Event even across Libraries. These keywords, if there's no media in the Event, will be empty. So, if the goal is to simply get the keywords (Without media) over to the new Library and Events, drag them from your old library to the new one. This will result in a list of keywords that aren't attached to any media.

Part 2: If you drag the clips from one Event to another Event in another Library, the keywords come along. So, all of the work you have done on the media that is still connected in your old library is done. All you need to do is drag the Events over to the new Library, and then what is left is to keyword the newly imported material that is now working.

Make sense?

Part 3: If I were you, I'd note the clips in the original Library that are offline (write the name of them down). I would then drag those clips from the new library to the old library in whichever Event you want. I would then keyword those new clips. I would then delete the offline clips out of the Old library (select clip and hit command-delete).

I still think there's a way to get FCPX to reimport the busted material, but it's hard to help over the internet from here.

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 9, 2014 at 5:45:02 pm

I totally agree I just need to somehow get the data from those few disconnected clips in the old library that are keyworded. There are 10 clips totaling about 2.5 hours.

Okay, let me reiterate to make sure I'm clear.

Part 1: I drag the keywords in from the event "drop down" list of keywords, not attached to the media, just so I have all the keyword categories in place for keywording in the new library.

Part 2: That which is keyworded and has remained connected can just be dragged over. Got it. There're about 4 clips totalling 2.5 hours that fit in this category.

so, I get confused at your "Part 3" directions. Do you mean I should drag the clips (listed above, the disconnected keyworded old library clips) from the NEW functional library to the OLD library and then re-keyword in real time? I'm trying to avoid re-keywording. It seems like if I'm re-keywording I should just leave the good media in the good library....? I think I'm not understanding you. Can you explain again please?

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 9, 2014 at 5:54:45 pm

BTW, I dragged over (FROM old library TO new library) that which was keyworded and remained connected. I see in the NEW library event the clips are duplicates with strange ribbon markers. Do you know how I can tell what these ribbons mean? Which the keyworded clips are?

Screen capture here:

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:11:36 pm
Last Edited By Jeremy Garchow on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:23:02 pm

I apologize for this, I confused you.

Those "ribbons" mean different things. The blue ones means that range has a keyword. The red ones mean they are rejected (you select the clip and hit delete, this does not delete the clip out of the library, but rather rates the clip as rejected). Green means you set a favorite (select the clip or range of a clip, and hit f), and orange means that it is a "used" range in the current Project. If you hit control-y, this will bring up the skimmer information. After enabling the skimmer information,you will see that when you skim a clip, a popup window will follow the skimmer, in it lists time code, clip name, and keyword collections (if that clip is in a keyword collection). It looks like this:

Let's back up.

The whole point of this exercise was to preserve as many keywords as possible.

It seems to me like in your original library, you had a bunch of keyworded material, and 10 clips of that material would constantly remain offline. We needed to fix that. Since we couldn't seem to get FCPX to reimport that material, I wanted you to reimport just the bad clips into the new library, but you reimported all of it. Now, we need to choose which library you want to work with. In my opinion, the old library probably has the most information in it, despite the 10 bad clips. I would suggest that we keep everything in that library, but get rid of the 10 bad clips.

From the new library, drag those 10 clips (that are now connected and "good") to the old library in the appropriate Event. If you have key worded them in the new Library, the keywords will transfer to the old library.

The rest of your library remains in tact.

Do not drag the old clips to the new library with the new clips, because you will get duplicates, just like you are seeing.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Dec 15, 2014 at 10:08:30 pm

Hey Jeremy! I have good news. Just as an experiment I tried dragging one key worded clip from the old/disconnecting library into the new good library and reconnecting/linking it to the good version of itself. It worked perfectly! The keyword markings attached thmselves to the good clip. So I put the old key worded media in the new good library and reconnected it all. A week later, no disconnections, and I'm finally back to work. I don't know why it worked but it did. Thank you so much for all your guidance. I can't thank you enough!!!

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 15, 2014 at 10:20:34 pm

Perfect. That's what we have been going for all along.

Glad you're up and running.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on May 17, 2017 at 7:58:22 am

Dear Jeremy,
Would you mind going to the new posts at the end of this thread and seeing if you might be able to help this guy? Thank you very much!
Jenn Lindsay

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 17, 2017 at 5:54:31 pm

Hi, Jenn.

I think you explained it perfectly for Adam. ☺

I don't know why this happens. My guess is that FCPX was quit before it was done importing, and then it somehow loses it's way and can't recover. This should totally be able to be recovered.

Making a new library, and reconnecting the clips in the old library, to the new set of imported media seems to be the a good way to fix it for now.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 23, 2014 at 1:14:48 pm

You can post one here. click the icon above the post window

then click on

then navigate to your screen capture and click choose.

then click on

then select the top image you uploaded

then copy the contents of the embed box

and paste in your message

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 30, 2014 at 4:52:30 pm

Try this:

Highlight the library in FC.

In the inspector

Storage locations> modify settings

and choose where you want the media/render files and FC backups to be in the finder

then choose 'consolidate' and run it.

if that does not workwork then try consolidating all to the library.

You can always change it.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Nov 30, 2014 at 6:28:52 pm

I followed your directions, and it seems the media storage is all set to the library. I chose "consolidate." Fingers crossed.....

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Nov 30, 2014 at 6:32:43 pm

Gah! It didn't work.

The fact that only SOME footage files disconnect, but others remain stable, is what makes me wonder if the problem is in how the files are organized in the original desktop folder...?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 30, 2014 at 7:11:49 pm

try rebooting mac

try

Reset preferences in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2 or later

Quit Final Cut Pro X.
Hold down the Command and Option keys while reopening Final Cut Pro X. A window will appear asking "Do you want to delete preferences?"
Click Delete Preferences. This command removes the preference files and resets Final Cut Pro X to default settings.

try reimporting files that are giving you problems

Return to posts index

Marcelo Ragone
on Mar 18, 2016 at 11:44:46 pm

Hi:

Same thing happenning here. And I SOLVE it . (FCPX 10.2.3)

- I create another event.

- Reimport the missing files (camera files in my case). Wait until background tasks finish.

Is weird, but at that moment the original event, where there was missing files, is working. Even that there are some missing files warning marks on browser window.

- On the new temporary event reimport the files (file -> import -> reimport from camera / archive). Wait again.

Now everything works fine for me. No missing marks. You could even delete the temporary event. Also If you open the library you could see how the files are now in the Original Media folder

Thanks to everybody for the help.

Hola from Buenos Aires.

Return to posts index

Eric Altman
on Jul 8, 2016 at 6:49:26 pm

I hate to necro this thread again, but I was searching for another issue and came across this one.

For future searchers, I believe the issue here is the folder structure that the media is being stored in. FCPX detects certain folder structures as being on a Camera/Import Device. If she had consolidated to a new media location (external to the Library, which I generally recommend anyways), her issue likely would have disappeared immediately.

-Eric

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Sep 20, 2016 at 6:40:52 am

Hi Eric :)

Actually, thank you for necro-ing this event. It's happening again for me. I created new libraries, re-imported a lot, etc. But there are two SD cards in particular that I import, they play fine, etc. But when I quit FCP and open it again later, the files are always disconnected. And when I re-import and put the files in a new project and create an XML to sync with external audio in PluralEyes, it won't work because the files are "decoupled" from the project.

Why aren't the files going into FCP like everything else I filmed in the exact same way????? Gah.

I guess I will try consolidating to a new media location (external to the Library).

If anyone has any other thoughts, I'm up for hearing them!
Thank you!
Jenn

FCPX

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on Sep 20, 2016 at 7:52:33 am

I'd also like to add that I don't think the original footage or SD card was corrupted, because half of the footage on one of the SD cards imported and remains in the library just fine.

Anyway, I created a new library and I'm importing the problem footage right now. Fingers crossed :)
Jenn

PS: I'm including a screenshot of what I see in the original library when I open it after rebooting, just FYI.

FCPX

Return to posts index

mario gaoa
on Mar 27, 2017 at 9:35:30 am

Hey Jean,

Did you ever figure this out?

Mars

Return to posts index

Adam Ekroth
on May 17, 2017 at 4:00:37 am

I am also curious if you ever got this figured out. I have 9 cards of footage that I have imported multiple times, only to close the app, re open it and find them "offline".

I can repopulate them by opening the import window and clicking on the folders one by one but it seems to have to reanalyze the footage every time. it is extremely frustrating.

Return to posts index

Jenn Lindsay
on May 17, 2017 at 7:57:19 am

Hi Adam!

Well, I think what Jeremy Garchow and I got to in the end is that I ended up starting a new library and re-imported everything fresh. And I repopulated the clips in the original library and copy/pasted them to the new library and the keywording copied, which had been my primary concern, not to lose all that keywording work. I didn't ever figure out the cause of the issue because I had to move on. But I never had the problem again with the new library.

I'll tag Jeremy in the other thread and see if he can help more.

Glad you asked and I hope we can figure this out!!
Jenn

FCPX

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 17, 2017 at 10:24:30 am

Just out of curiousity are the SD cards you are importing from a Panasonic camera?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 17, 2017 at 3:54:36 pm

This may be way off but have you tried modifying the storage locations and consolidating all the media to those locations even if they are all to the library which you might have done already by default?
Also have you done a finder search for the missing files to find out where they are?
And reset preferences for FC just in the likely event that something got messed up.

Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic HPX250P, FCP X 10.3, teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Adam Ekroth
on May 17, 2017 at 8:30:20 pm

So I think I may have solved my issue. I noticed my clip info was showing my proxies as online, but the original media was not available (little red triangle). When I clicked the "locate in finder" next to the media available it was pathed to a folder above the actual folder the media was living in. These are sony slog clips and there are 3 subfolders, one of which contains the media and meta data, and it was pointing to the folder above the media/meta data folder.

When I originally imported these, I did not select individual clips, but rather the 6 parent folders that housed my media. I think this is where things when wrong, since FCP was skipping some folders to get to my media, thus leaving it offline when I opened fcp.

So I did a few test re-imports by selecting the actual media files, not folders, and instead of keeping files in place I chose to copy files to library (my media and library all live on the same external, someone tell me if this is bad practice) . Now when I close the application and reopen those clips are online, and it says I have original, optimized and proxy media available.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]