FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch export to multiple settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Batch export to multiple settings
on Nov 18, 2014 at 4:41:39 pm

So is this something new? If I'm adding a destination for export, I can shift click multiple compressor settings and it comes into FCP X labeled a "compressor bundle." Choosing that for export instantly ques up a batch export to all the settings in the bundle.

I did not know that.

So if normally you export a 720p, a 1080p, and an SD you can create a compressor bundle export setting and BAM!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Batch export to multiple settings
on Nov 18, 2014 at 5:26:51 pm

Not new, but very useful.

You can also add a bundle right in the Destination prefs, and it doesn't have to be Compressor settings.

Return to posts index

nick ring
on Nov 18, 2014 at 7:42:53 pm

It's been a long time since I tested it, but I used to regularly export to DVD and Vimeo. If I created a bundle that created the DVD first, it would stop the process at the point of the dialog box for making another DVD copy. Not helpful. I sent feedback, but I don't think anything has changed on that front. However, for exports not involving DVDs, it's been helpful.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 18, 2014 at 11:10:29 pm

I guess I never needed it or noticed it. I just discovered it today as I was replacing my compressor settings after a clean install of Yosemite and everything else. So it was actually NOT doing what I wanted in this case.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Nov 20, 2014 at 7:53:21 am

BAM indeed. Where has that been hiding? Thanks Bret.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]