FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transform: Position WITHOUT keyframing.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jo Osborne
Transform: Position WITHOUT keyframing.
on Nov 16, 2014 at 9:11:45 pm

I feel like this is a really dumb question, and I know the answer will be incredibly simple but I just can't work it out...

Say I've scaled a video slightly, how do I then re-position it WITHOUT keyframing it??? I want to position the entire video to the right slightly, but FCPX keeps adding random keyframes so it's then zooming out.

I told you it was dumb. But if somebody could please please help with an answer - this is absolutely driving me crazy!

Thanks so much in advance.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Transform: Position WITHOUT keyframing.
on Nov 16, 2014 at 9:55:48 pm

Just increase the scale, grab the image with your mouse, center it how you like. Then click done. If you instead move the play head and reposition, FC will auto set new key frames.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Frank Valtellina
on Nov 16, 2014 at 10:08:49 pm

If you don't apply any keyframe to the clip... fcpx does not do it for you. You can resize or change position where you want and it remain in that position without adding any keyframe. Even if add only 1 keyframe Fcpx will add one at any change you make. I hope to be clear.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 17, 2014 at 12:22:06 am

correct. it's FC's auto add key frames (after the first one) that confuses people. Though once you get it, it's kinda a cool feature. perhaps if the interface made it clear what was being applied it would be even nicer.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 17, 2014 at 6:17:18 am

There's another possibility. If you are looking at part of a longer clip and you've already placed key frames on that clip elsewhere, sometimes that fools X into thinking that a new coordinate represents a new ending position rather than a global move. Try opening the key frame editor and making sure there are no other key frames in play before or after the current position.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 17, 2014 at 7:12:06 pm

It's not really a feature. Just the way every app (that I've used anyway) that has keyframing works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]