FORUMS: list search recent posts

Immediate Crash!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raul Diaz
Immediate Crash!
on Nov 13, 2014 at 11:13:16 pm

Hello,

Every time I open Final Cut Pro, it crashes. I launch it, it opens, but it doesn’t let me click anything. I don’t have any events or projects to load. I have tried uninstalling it and installing it repeatedly but nothing. I have Final Cut Pro 10.0.8. I have enough space in my hard-drive (more than 200GBs left.) I have also tried to delete the preferences but nothing is there to begin with. I repaired all my disk utilities and everything seems to be fine. Anyone knows what is going on???

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Immediate Crash!
on Nov 14, 2014 at 6:22:07 am

Why such an old version?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 16, 2014 at 2:49:53 pm

I agree with Noah. You could be chasing an old bug. Update to FCP X 10.1.3 and see if that fixes it.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 14, 2014 at 3:15:43 pm

Try creating a new user account on the machine and open from there. Weird, but it sometimes works. I guess because s new account has no bad connections established yet. Do you have any processes set in the control panel that start on boot-up, like a web browser, widgets, or some other utility?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 16, 2014 at 10:11:32 pm

What OS?

Unless your Mac does not support Yosemite and 10.1.x then update. They are both free updates and the performance is getting better with time.

Or if for some reason you can' t do this then do a search for how to delete FC preferences upon opening the app. You might also try a clean install of your os.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]