FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X - working from far far away

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billy Rippe
Final Cut Pro X - working from far far away
on Nov 13, 2014 at 5:37:13 pm

Hi,
I used to work in bogota colombia, now, i moved to cordoba spain but keep my editing work in bogota.
The thing is, they do all the shoots in colombia and the just plug in the memory card in a macbook pro running FCPX.

I asked my coworker to install teamviewer in order to control that macbook pro so this is what I do:
1. In FCPX I create a new library and import all the clips, I do not generate proxi or HQ media, uncheck everything else so I won´t create more files.
Once the media is ready I go to the project and show package content, then I take the media and convert it through MPEGStreamclip to low quality media (mp4) 4000BitRate and ask MPEGStreamclip to save the info in my google drive folder. Once I have that sync in Spain, I create a new library in FCPX an save it in my google drive folder (then I give permissions, etc in order to sync the new library) I then do the editing and once I finish, I stop google drive from syncquing and I go to teamviewer and replace my bad quality media for the HQ media that I first generated when importing from the memory card. Once I do that I open FCPX, most of the time the media is offline and I just relink, rerender and export.

I know out there soo many talented people Who might come with a better workflow for my situation, if by any chance you are one of them, I would really appreciate if you take a minute or two to think this through and tell me if this could be done in a more efficient way.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]