FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Snyder
Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes.
on Nov 7, 2014 at 4:14:14 pm

On a scene that ran 4:04 seconds, I set the Out Tracking to 100%. The letters in the title spread appropriately and smoothly at the end of the scene. However, on a shorter clip (3:04), the letters
jumped abruptly from the original positions to the opened-up position. I even tried key framing the tracking and got still no better results. Is this because the clip was a second shorter forcing the tracking to react faster. I even tried the "Decelerate" feature to no avail. Plus, I trashed Preferences to correct any weird FCP X behavior.
Finally, I gave up, set all the Out features (Scale, Tracking, Opacity) to the Default settings and, for some strange reason, got horizontally revolving letters at the end of the clip. A nice effect, but not one that I asked for.

Is this some kind of a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes.
on Nov 8, 2014 at 9:55:26 pm

You'd probably have to say which title effect you were using before we can give you any sort of answer. At a guess though, the animated title probably has a minimum duration it can animate over and you've made it too short.

Open the title in Motion and take a look. You can probably modify it and make a shorter version if needed.

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Phil Snyder
Re: Using the Title tab in the Inspector to animate titles without using keyframes.
on Nov 9, 2014 at 12:04:50 am

I was using Out Tracking to animate the end position of the title and pulled down the Opacity to 0%.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]