FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Split Track Output...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Austin
Strange Split Track Output...
on Nov 7, 2014 at 2:19:14 am

Well, OK, actually kind of standard. I need to export a bunch of different split QT's for a trailer, and Roles are making this so easy it's almost comical. But there's one split I've hit a wall on... Can anyone think of a way I could export a multichannel QT Master from X, in one pass, with the following channel layout:

I think I know the answer, which is no. :-) If I could get surround stems out I could build a project to do it, but all the surround export options seem to spit out comps. Eventually this split is for HDCAM delivery, so I can give 'em the stems for layback but I thought I'd check.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Strange Split Track Output...
on Nov 7, 2014 at 2:51:13 am

You'd have six mono outputs with the appropriate Roles (left, right, center, so forth), and then one stereo output that has all Roles selected.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Nov 7, 2014 at 3:13:22 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "You'd have six mono outputs with the appropriate Roles (left, right, center, so forth), and then one stereo output that has all Roles selected."

Exactly, just trying to figure out how to export stems of the surround mix s I can assign Roles to them. If I do a surround QT movie, or multichannel audi... oh duh, didn't think to try resetting the channel assignments on the surround mix I output to mono so I could set the roles... I'll try in the AM.. thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Nov 7, 2014 at 6:55:45 am

Charlie,

So you want a single video file with 8 audio channels: L, R, C, LFE, LS, RS, Stereo Mix-L, Stereo Mix-R ...

yes?

First thing I did was create a good stereo mix using the 5.1 stems. Then I split the stereo mixdown into 2 discrete mono channels and saved out (DAW).

I then imported new discrete clips into FCPX. The 5.1 stems were already in my Browser and assigned proper Roles. I created two new Roles for the discrete L + R clips (Stereo Mix L, Stereo Mix R) and assigned accordingly.

My timeline consisted of a video track (no audio) in the Primary, 6 stems for 5.1, and the discrete L + R clips. Finally I defined Channel Configurations in the Audio Browser.

Here's the Timeline Index:

Here's how I Shared it out as a Multitrack Quicktime Movie:

Here's the final output:

And I think you know how to export discrete Mono stems - Roles as: "Separate Files" or "Audio Only as Separate Files."

-paul.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]