FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still issues relinking XML?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Still issues relinking XML?
on Oct 31, 2014 at 5:20:50 am

Maybe I'll run this through resolve. But a client just sent me a premiere project, an edl, and an XML. We both have the same ProRes 422 media. So, I import the simple cuts sequence via 7toX from his XML. A few of the clips relink, but the rest refuse, stating there isn't a common range. They have the same file name, same specs (1080p 23.98), same duration, same start TC and same end TC. I don't know anything else that could be any more exactly the same. Except for the fact that they are the same files.

His files have gone through premiere. That's all I can figure. But I have 1300 other files that XML'd from Premiere the same way and they all relink sans one.

In fact, I already had the media in my library, so when the XML came in, it should have seen the media was available. But nope. Here's a screenshot of the two files lined up in the browser-

Sometimes I just want to know what the hell is wrong with this frickin' app.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Still issues relinking XML?
on Oct 31, 2014 at 6:19:31 am

UPDATE: same XML opens and relinks in Resolve Lite 11.1.1 without a hitch. So, then export XML from resolve and open in FCP X and the same clips won't relink.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 31, 2014 at 11:38:16 am

My guess is XMP.

For whatever reason, it wreaks havoc on X.

I would contact Apple via the feedback page. Offer to provide a library and media.

QT Edit can remove XMP.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:30:24 pm

QT edit isn't free is it? I have it but it says my trial is over.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:43:12 pm

It is not free. How big is the offending file? Is it uploadable?

You can hit me up offline too if you need.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:48:07 pm

I appreciate it but it's probably a half hour or more of pro res. it all opens fine in resolve so I can pull selects from there and write down (OMG!) the TCs.

I think the first round must have been done with premiere with write XMP ID turned off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]