FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Archive; just like a camera card?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Slemdal
Camera Archive; just like a camera card?
on Oct 29, 2014 at 12:44:09 pm

I have Pictures and video on my camera.

Usually I save my Pictures in Aperture, and I do my filmmaking in FCPX (both Pictures and video).

So, my plan is to start in FCPX, make a camera Archive, and then import video and Pictures from the archive to my Library in FCPX.

Then I want to organize my Pictures in Aperture; is it "ok" to do that from this Camera Archive. I guress it`s the same as importing the Pictures directly from my camera card?

Just seems easy to empty the card in one bite, and then organize.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Camera Archive; just like a camera card?
on Oct 29, 2014 at 1:34:16 pm

A camera archive is a backup of your camera card and should be stored on a separate drive from your main editing drive.

A camera archive is a rather proprietary wrapper that is available to FCP X and OS X. There are less proprietary ways to make backups, but as long as you know you'll be worrying in OS X forever, camera archives are fine.

If you import media in to your Aperture library and fcpx library, you will be making another copy of the media. This is important in the case of Aperture as Apple has essentially mothballed Apertute for Photos. As far as I know, no other software besides Apple software, can read an fcpx cam archive. This should be taken in to consideration for long term storage/archive.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 29, 2014 at 2:35:19 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "as long as you know you'll be worrying in OS X forever, camera archives are fine. "

Interesting faux pas

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 29, 2014 at 2:40:17 pm

Sometimes, the truth hurts?

Worrying...working…same thing!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]