FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re Link

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jord Edward
Re Link
on Oct 27, 2014 at 9:54:05 pm

I get this msg when I try to relink my media files. Im lost because I have not changed any formats or where the files are located.

83 name matches were found, but 83 files are not compatible.
Relinked files must have the same media type and similar audio channels as the original files, and must be long enough to cover all the clips that reference the files.

Select a single item at a time to get information about why it is not compatible.

All i have done is gone from FCP10 to 10.3 with Mavericks OS does anyone have any type of solution or a work around

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Re Link
on Oct 28, 2014 at 8:48:43 am

Not sure about the problem, but there are also the ⌘⇧3 and/or ⌘⇧4 shortcuts btw. ;)

But when you say "from FCP10 to 10.3", do you mean from 10.0?? Or 10.0.8 or .9 or whatever?

- RK

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Re Link
on Oct 28, 2014 at 12:01:56 pm

You have a red bar above your clips in the timeline, an issue that some people have experienced when opening older FCP X projects in 10.1.

The question is: why do you think you need to relink any clips? Your screenshot is not really clear, but I don't seem to see any Missing Media indicators on the clips.

Do the clips on the timeline (and in the Clip Browser) have red warnings saying "Missing Media"?

Or are the clips on the timeline and in the clip browser just blank and you cannot preview any of them in the Viewer?

If it is the latter: select the Library and choose File > Delete Generated Library files to delete all the render files for this Library to see if this restores the clips.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]