FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Make favorite motion' equivalent?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Asquerthian
'Make favorite motion' equivalent?
on Oct 26, 2014 at 6:51:09 pm

Is there a way of saving a transform setting? (e.g. a Repo)

The interweb search seems to indicate that you need to use Motion for this functionality?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 'Make favorite motion' equivalent?
on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:41:16 pm

Not really sure what that would look like but you can copy keyframed animations between clips with paste attributes.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Oct 27, 2014 at 9:00:31 am

It would look like a 'custom' folder in the effect presets. Or a dropdown list similar to the colour correction presets.

I've tried keeping a repo that I want to reuse in compound clips for copy / paste attributes - but the compound clip has to be pasted to the timeline / stepped in / copied / stepped out / deleted before I can then paste attributes - so that's not a very neat workaround.

I find it very hard to believe that there is no easy option for this other than paste attributes now this software has been around for 3.5 years.

I assume that with Motion 5 (I'm on the trial) I could do a repo and save as an effect preset.

'Make favorite motion' I use a lot in FCP7 - rename the resulting preset and reuse. So much goodness in that software that seems to be lost forever...

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 27, 2014 at 1:29:43 pm

[Trevor Asquerthian] " (I'm on the trial)"

Where are you getting a trial from?? (O_o)

But to answer the question: yes, via Motion would be the only way I'd know how to do it. Open whichever you want and save it to a new category/theme.

Come to think of it, there's even a (as usual) very informative clip on the subject from Mark & Steve...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]