FORUMS: list search recent posts

Not able to ad more clips to current Event

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Not able to ad more clips to current Event
on Oct 24, 2014 at 5:20:04 pm

Something I ran into yesterday and never experienced it before: I run OS 10.8. With FCPX 10.0.9 (not updated yet, cause it's a bigger procedure on a HacMac). I'm working on a Multicam Project and wanted to import some more graphics and sound file into the event, but every time I did that and closed the import window, nothing was added to my event. I solved it by just opening a new event and put it in there. I still would like to know, what caused the other event to be suddenly unable to take new files in. Any ideas? Thanx.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Not able to ad more clips to current Event
on Oct 24, 2014 at 8:18:23 pm

What is the source material (from what camera) and has this footage even been imported in to that Event before?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Oct 24, 2014 at 9:05:36 pm

C100 and C300, imported, copied to event folder and for the C100s also transcoded to optimised media.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 24, 2014 at 9:10:00 pm

[Sascha Engel] "C100 and C300, imported, copied to event folder and for the C100s also transcoded to optimised media.
"

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Had you imported the footage to the Event, then for whatever reason deleted it, and then tried to reimport?

If so, try the "reimport from camera" option. If you get a warning about the volume missing, you can then add the folder to your favorites section in the import window and try again.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:55:39 am

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, the footage was imported into the Event. Just that later on the attempt to ad further files (JPEGs, Sounds) was just not showing up in the Event Browser.
Only if I created a new event and imported those additional files there.
But strange enough, when I opened the project the other day, all was back including all the files that I tried to import for test reasons and that did not show up in the beginning.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 27, 2014 at 12:41:22 am

[Sascha Engel] "Yes, the footage was imported into the Event. Just that later on the attempt to ad further files (JPEGs, Sounds) was just not showing up in the Event Browser."

Ok. This is a different problem than I was describing earlier.

[Sascha Engel] "But strange enough, when I opened the project the other day, all was back including all the files that I tried to import for test reasons and that did not show up in the beginning.
"

That is strange, for sure. I'd guess this would be a good troubleshooting step if it happens again, that is, to restart X.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 27, 2014 at 8:37:03 am

Sounds to me like may just simply had some sort of filter active in your event, text or otherwise. This of course resets itself with a restart.

- RK

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Oct 27, 2014 at 11:38:38 am

That's what I thought at first, but it wasn't going away after a restart, only several days later. And it was also not related to Filter/Keyword selection - since it's a common faux pas in X, I checked that first.

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 25, 2014 at 2:47:09 pm

[Sascha Engel] "Any ideas?"

Hard if not impossible to say when working with an unsupported machine (and older version to boot).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]