FORUMS: list search recent posts

Email Share Option

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
Email Share Option
on Oct 23, 2014 at 10:32:11 am

For the first time yesterday I had a need to get a clip into an email for the producer while she sat next to me. I had never tried this before. I looked at the share options and enabled the Email selection.

I put a range on a clip and clicked to share it by Email. To my amazement it worked quickly and perfectly.

But there was a hitch in my get-along; Final Cut insisted on using the Mail.app. I had no choice but to drag the movie out of the Mail.app new email window and into a new Outlook email.

This was at work where there is a firewall that prevents me from using an email client other than Outlook.

Outlook is my systems default email client. There seems to be no way to configure the Email share option for any other client.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Email Share Option
on Oct 23, 2014 at 5:41:41 pm

[Don Smith] "Outlook is my systems default email client. There seems to be no way to configure the Email share option for any other client."

The Share capability is an API. Theoretically, Microsoft (or someone) could write a Share extension to work with Outlook.

I think another thing to look in to is to make a Custom preset in Compressor that ties to an Automator function to send an email with Outlook.

I haven't tested or tried this, but it may work.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: Email Share Option
on Oct 23, 2014 at 6:57:17 pm

That explains it. Thank you for that. I won't need it often and when I do I'll just let the Mail App launch, complain about not finding its mail server, and drag the video from the Mail App new email window to a new Outlook email form. Not the end of the world and I appreciate you filling in my knowledge gap so I won't wonder if I'm missing something.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]