FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stephanites
Transfer files
on Oct 21, 2014 at 1:35:07 pm

Hey All! I am trying to transfer a library in 10.1.3 to another drive. At the studio I drug the library to a drive I could bring home. I then drug the library to my drive at home and tried to open it and got the red flag. I tried opening as a proxy and original media to no avail. I was under the impression this was possible now. Just drag and drop libraries from drive to drive. The only thing you had to make sure of is when you opened them as a proxy file or original media.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Transfer files
on Oct 22, 2014 at 2:22:24 am

Make sure the original library had media ingested into it and not 'left in place.' The latter is what this sounds like.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

John Stephanites
on Oct 22, 2014 at 3:31:50 am

All the files have everything except the actual video. all the metadata like names length of video and project is there just not the video. So thinking about it now that would make sense. Thanks i will try that tomorrow and let you know!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 22, 2014 at 11:03:12 am

Before doing anything like that, you want to make sure you CONSOLIDATE the library to make sure everything is actually IN the library and not, as Noah pointed out, referenced somewhere else OUTSIDE of the library. OR you have to take those files with you also and reconnect at home. But consolidating should be the safest and by far easiest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]