FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get a background like this in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Kehoe
How to get a background like this in FCPX
on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:58:32 am

Hey guys!

Does anyone know where i can find some cheesy background generators for fcpx? here is an example of this blue one in this infomercial. Can this be done in fcpx?

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: How to get a background like this in FCPX
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:18:40 am

Hmmmm... maybe a gradient generator? Otherwise check out the backgrounds in Motion. Lots of cheese there.

Return to posts index

Jim Kehoe
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:32:54 am

Hey Robin, I will try that, now can i pull up motion generators in FCPX? I have never actually done that in FCPX, sorry if I am asking a stupid question :)

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:39:02 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:51:01 am

No. You'd simply put whichever generator you like into an empty project and choose "Publish as Generator". After that it's available in FCP.

Anything beyond that would best be left up to Mark to explain to you: http://www.rippletraining.com/categories/apple-pro-apps-tutorials/motion-5-...

Return to posts index

Jim Kehoe
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:41:41 am

Ahh! Copy that! This will be fun! haha thank you Robin!

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 21, 2014 at 8:40:57 pm

FCP X has a whole bunch of these types of background plates already pre-built inside X.

Just go to the generators tab and you'll see a bunch. (Or search on Gradient if you want something like your example.)

The trick is that since these were created in Motion (but do not NEED motion to be used) you can access whatever published parameters the original designer has allowed. So, for example, in the gradient effect, you can change the width and color of the gradient elements to taste.

Many people new to X see these and think they work like pre-loaded content in other NLEs - which is to say you use it "as is" and that's the only option. In X it's not. One Generator or Title can often be greatly customized after it lands in your storyline.

It's worth exploring the system.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 22, 2014 at 7:37:06 am

[Bill Davis] "FCP X has a whole bunch of these types of background plates already pre-built inside X."

Yes, just not the subtle animated type as in his example. Motion has a bazillion such elements (mostly separate from actual generators) in the form of particles and replicators and such. A simple gradient is of course possible from within FCP itself, yes.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]