FORUMS: list search recent posts

edit still images in fcp x

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cindy konits
edit still images in fcp x
on Oct 20, 2014 at 10:17:37 pm

Preferences in FCPX are set to 3 seconds for still images, and I have imported 87 still images all showing up in the viewer and timeline at 10 seconds duration. Can't figure out why! And I don't want to trim each one manually to 3 seconds! For that matter, as an unhappy newbie to FCPX and I also don't see where I can batch trim in the timeline. Would greatly appreciate some help.

Return to posts index

Marco Feil
Re: edit still images in fcp x
on Oct 20, 2014 at 11:35:39 pm

Select the images in your timeline, hit CTRL + D, then enter the new duration (300 for 3 seconds 00 frames), hit enter.

Return to posts index

cindy konits
on Oct 21, 2014 at 3:54:49 pm

Thank you kindly!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 22, 2014 at 12:45:44 pm

[cindy konits] "Preferences in FCPX are set to 3 seconds for still images, and I have imported 87 still images all showing up in the viewer and timeline at 10 seconds duration."

Unfortunately that's a bit confusing, yes. The value in the prefs is in fact the SELECTION duration, which in fact maxes out 10 secs. Meaning the length of the selection on a still image when you click on it in an event. So if you were to in fact select each still individually in the event and edit them into the timeline, they would all be the length of your preference settings. Otherwise the full 10 secs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]