FORUMS: list search recent posts

photo - fill after trim

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Slemdal
photo - fill after trim
on Oct 18, 2014 at 10:29:39 pm

I have a photo

I do some trimming to get the best composition - then I want to use fill?

I can do it by using the transform tool, but that`s tedious - I just want fcpx to fill after trimming. How?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: photo - fill after trim
on Oct 19, 2014 at 1:18:26 am

Why is transform tedious? You just adjust scale in the inspector and then I grab the image and adjust what you want to show in the frame - gives you a lot more control then some auto fill.

There is no perfect way to take one aspect ratio and turn it in to another. Or you can just leave it trimmed (cropped) and give it a black or white b.g./frame.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 19, 2014 at 2:10:04 am

Does an effect like this help you?

http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/dh_boxx

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:37:10 pm
Last Edited By Ronny Courtens on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:38:20 pm

Easy to do, without any extra work. Just select the Crop tool under the Viewer, and in the Crop options select "Crop".

FCP X will automatically fill your trimmed image to the Viewer.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 21, 2014 at 4:03:37 am

True unless you want his left hand in the image and them it would get easier using transform to play with what fits within a given frame. And you can keyframe it to create movement. There are times a video frame is not ideal for a given still.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]