FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apply keywords to multicam (after the fact...) possible; markers instead?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Apply keywords to multicam (after the fact...) possible; markers instead?
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:06:44 pm
Last Edited By Tangier Clarke on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:07:56 pm

I realize this is a long shot folks, but thought I'd ask in case someone has come up with something clever.

A coworker applied keywords to regions of a clip only to realize later that that clip was one of two angles. So the key wording should have been done on after the multicam was created first.

Is it at all possible to somehow possible to apply keywords from one clip to a created multicam that was created from that clip?

Some challenges:
1 - FCP X generates a multicam clip with timecode that is different then [let's say] the primary angle
2 - FCP X would have to be able to transpose the keyword collections from the single clip's timecode to the multicam clip's timecode

I discovered a semi solution, but maybe someone can fill in the rest:

I noticed that if I use markers on a single clip, then make a multicam clip, those markers stay with the clips, but are only viewable in the angle editor, not on the multicam object.

It would be great if you could actually see those markers in the angle editor of the multicam clip on the actual mutlicam clip itself, which would then make it searchable.

Your thoughts folks.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Apply keywords to multicam (after the fact...) possible; markers instead?
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:37:34 pm

To understand better what your best option may be: WHY do you need the keywords i.e. in what context? Since I don't think I'm understanding what you need correctly or rather what exactly you're trying to achieve. The only thing I could say of the bat would be to simply REPLACE the untagged clips in the angle editor with the tagged ones? Though unfortunately the regular replace function doesn't work in the angle editor. But again, I don't get where it is you need the KWs. In the angle editor or the project? You can't of course apply separate keywords to separate angles outside of the angle viewer, if that's what you mean.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: Apply keywords to multicam (after the fact...) possible; markers instead?
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:41:12 pm

The keywords were used to isolate discussion topics in the interview. So if there's 6 interviewees whom were all asked the same question(s), then the keyword collection would serve to show a particular discussion from all of them; effectively the appropriate in/out regions from each of those clips.

Does that help?

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]