FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I run Final Cut 7 and Final cut FCPX on Maverick

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wendy Peter
Can I run Final Cut 7 and Final cut FCPX on Maverick
on Oct 15, 2014 at 4:34:44 pm

Hi,
I am brand new to this forum. Desperation has brought me here. I had a 2012 macbook pro running final cut 7 on mountain lion with no problems. However, the laptop was a lemon and Apple replaced the motherboard 3 times, and two weeks ago, gave me a new mac book pro with Maverick on it.

Problem is, I am in the middle of editing a video series, in final cut 7. As reported in this forum, it works "o.k." exempt I have no firewire connection for log and capture from my camera.

Here is my question... Can I download FCPX and bring in media through there, and then cut and paste those files into final cut 7 so I can finish this project and start training on FCPX, or is there any known fix to not being able to log/capture with final cut 7 and maverick?

Thanks for any help or direction yo0u can give me.

W. Peter

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Can I run Final Cut 7 and Final cut FCPX on Maverick
on Oct 15, 2014 at 6:42:28 pm

[Wendy Peter] "or is there any known fix to not being able to log/capture with final cut 7 and maverick?"

I personally wasn't aware that there in fact was one. But yes, it's perfectly fine to have both FCPs on the same machine, you just want to have 7 on there first, then install X. But no, there is no copy/pasting of media from one timeline/bin etc. to the other, if that's what you're asking. You simply just import the captured media into 7 from wherever you told X to put it, like you would with any other footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]