archive original media inside the FCP package in original media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

anita sancha
on Oct 13, 2014 at 7:19:24 pm

Hi...

Not sure what I have done as I never use optimised media, but may had done so... so ??? er ? or might be proxy? never learnt this as all of my videos are short and so never bothered. But I may have inadvertently done so!!

We'll I am trying to archive a 5 min video which has used 357 clips/pngs/psds etc... By making a new library and copying the project I was hoping all of my media would trundle like good little boys and girls into the right folder in the new libraries "original media" package.

352 or them have moved to the new FCP package in original media, but 5 or these have little arrows next to the icon. The originals of the clips are somewhere else on another drive. How to I get to archive ALL 357 clips so they are all in the package nice and tidy?

SO how to "unproxy" or "un optimise" so they revert to the actual clips? Is this done in the timeline through relink ? there does not seem to be a replace?

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: archive original media inside the FCP package in original media
on Oct 13, 2014 at 11:31:58 pm

If any media was outside the library in the original library, the new library will still be linked to that same external media. Just run consolidate on the new library to finish the process. It'll copy those externals to the Library (or wherever you have your prefs set to).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]