FORUMS: list search recent posts

2009 mac pro 4,1 vs iMac12,1 i7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
on Oct 13, 2014 at 4:08:27 pm

The i7 can use a thunderbolt raid which I have. The mac pro can have 3 internal drives software raided and use a broadcast monitor for color correction/larger viewer which I have with card. Which is a better FCP X editing set up. If each has its pros and cons I'll stick with the mac pro. If the iMac will be much faster and more stable I'll go with the iMac.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: 2009 mac pro 4,1 vs iMac12,1 i7
on Oct 13, 2014 at 5:30:27 pm

I don't get it. Do you have BOTH or just ONE...? If you have both, then couldn't you answer the question better yourself?

I don't know which "card" you're talking about, but I don't see why the monitor couldn't be connected to the iMac one way or another. But by GPU power alone plus the Thunderbolt I would suspect the iMac would pretty much smoke the MP in all or nearly all disciplines. But then as far as FCP is concerned, the CPU in near irrelevant. GPU is king. So I suppose it depends on what GPU the MP has, first and foremost. But again, I personally doubt the MP can hold up in the long run either way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]