FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.1.3 and synchronisation of audio / video clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bowman
10.1.3 and synchronisation of audio / video clips
on Oct 13, 2014 at 12:25:07 pm

Ok, just upgraded and went to sync audio and video, as I have done a lot, for my interviews.

Whereas before I could highlight the video and audio, click sync, and then go on to the next one, now they have implimented this ridiculously annoying feature where I get a pop up asking me which Library I want it in (only giving me the one choice, the current one, so not much of a need for that) then when I click sync it moves me to the library folder, rather than remaining in my keyword bin so I have to click back on my keyword bin to do the next one.

What used to be a simple experience is now plain silly.

Anyone know how to undo this new process so I can just stay in my keyword bin and do all my syncing? Is there an option somewhere?

Cheers

And why have they done this. Instead of wasting time adding features which add loads more clicks to a simple process, why not spend that time working on the bug where when you cut an audio file in the timeline the waveform after the cut vanishes which is the bit you'd want to see where to do the next cut, instead of making me repeatedly have to stop then start the timeline just to get the waveforms back?

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
Re: 10.1.3 and synchronisation of audio / video clips
on Oct 13, 2014 at 12:28:08 pm

Actually the added irony to the change they have made is that though doing the syncing the old way was great it was annoying that all the sync'd clips get dumped into the library folder rather than remaining in the keyword bin I have placed the clips/audio.

All along I have wanted to be able to allocate which keyword bin I stick them in as that makes logical sense and would speed things up, but instead they give us this current nonsense.

it seems for every second you gain from the boons of the software, they take it away with a poor design decision.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Oct 13, 2014 at 12:32:57 pm

Wow. So now when you have a sync'd clip and you go to the audio panel to turn off the source material, they have hidden the option to do it behind a Channel Config button which you need to click SHOW, to see it.

WHY ARE THEY ADDED NEEDLESS CLICKS TO MY DAY!!!!!! WHY?!!!!!

Muppets.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 13, 2014 at 2:40:39 pm

[Julian Bowman] "they have hidden the option to do it behind a Channel Config button which you need to click SHOW, to see it."

You realise of course, that if you have clicked it open ONCE, it will stay open?

[Julian Bowman] "Muppets."

Mmh.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Oct 13, 2014 at 2:45:30 pm

Yep, discovered that, but i'm sure it will close again when I close then re-open FCPX, plus it takes up about 3 times as much real estate. You are not going to convince me the changes to syncing clips are good. They've needlessly convoluted the process.

Still, I guess fiddling needlessly justifies their employment.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Oct 13, 2014 at 3:14:01 pm

Not in the habit of responding to such needlessly belligerent rants, so... I'm out.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Oct 13, 2014 at 4:56:17 pm

And yet you did so twice, neither time answering the main question. May wanna look into that, i'm sure there's help out there.

Plus, venting when software developers make stupid design decision which make my use of the software more labourious, isn't a needlessly belligerent rant... perhaps you don't mind having your working life make more difficult, but I do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]