FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I modify clips so that they show up in more than 1 angle in Multicam Editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Zarraonandia
How do I modify clips so that they show up in more than 1 angle in Multicam Editing
on Oct 7, 2014 at 6:21:14 pm

I have 3 70D cameras, and I haven't been able to figure out how to name them from within the camera yet. When I'm editing in FCPX and I use the multicam editor, the clips are are placed into the same angle, making the multicam syncing function essentially useless. Is there any way I can label all the clips from say, camera 1 as "camera 1" so that the multicam editor can throw all of my different shots into different angles?

I'm using audio to sync, and my sound is good from all the cameras (and I also have external audio which has it's own angle). It's just the video files are all placed into the same angle and I have to line them up individually :(

How can correct this for what I have already shot, and how can I prevent this from happening to begin with? Thank you! (my first post on Creative Cow)

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: How do I modify clips so that they show up in more than 1 angle in Multicam Editing
on Oct 7, 2014 at 6:58:21 pm

When you have imported your clips, select all the clips from camera 1 and in the Inspector > Info tab enter "Camera 1" in the Camera Angle field. Set the Camera Angle for the clips of camera 2 to "Camera 2", a.s.o.

When you create the multicam clip FCP X will put every clip that has a different Camera Angle name in a different angle.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Tim Zarraonandia
Re: How do I modify clips so that they show up in more than 1 angle in Multicam Editing
on Oct 7, 2014 at 8:36:37 pm

Thank you Ronny, such a simple answer right under my nose and I missed it. I very much appreciate you answering my question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]