FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering Footage in Multicam Clip FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve diener
Flickering Footage in Multicam Clip FCPX
on Oct 7, 2014 at 12:15:59 pm

Hi there

I am editing a Multicam Clip containing 15 different Angle. The Proxyfootage I'm using ist pretty small (960x540, 23.98p). Playback is realtime and fluid and cutting the multi cam clips just works fine.

I do have 2 issues though:

1) Every now and again when I make a cut (I normally use the mouse in the Angle Viewer to cut to a clip, not the shortcut keys on the keyboard) all the Angles go black and I only see the footage in the main viewer. There everything works well and the footage is played back correctly. This problem goes away when I return the the same cut and choose another angle to cut to.

2) After editing for a few minutes, all the angles and the main viewer start to flicker. This doesn't go away until I close and reopen FCPX (I'm using 10.1.3) I looks like some CPU issue?

I'm on a Macbook Retina, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 M 1024 MB, OSX 10.9.5.

Any Ideas?

Cheers, Steve

Return to posts index

steve diener
Re: Flickering Footage in Multicam Clip FCPX
on Oct 7, 2014 at 3:51:36 pm

Update: For the Issue 1) I've noticed that when all the angles go black and I move the cut with the trim tool back and forth all the angles are visible again.

Cheers

Steve

Return to posts index

Heimen Hendriks
on Feb 19, 2015 at 6:31:22 pm

hi,

Did you find a solution? im having exactly the same issue... driving me nuts.

i read that coremelt was causing it and after an uninstall it should work again but still doesnt...

kr,

Heimen

Return to posts index

steve diener
on Feb 19, 2015 at 10:54:54 pm

Hi Heimen

Couldn't solve the issue yet. kind of working with it more or less. what is coremelt?

cheers

steve

Return to posts index

Heimen Hendriks
on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:51:01 am

Hi Steve,

Its working again!

Core melt is a company that makes fcpx plugins. they have bundles but also some free stuff. I was looking for a solution for this problem and a possible cause was these core melt plugins conflicting with fcpx.
turns out i had some of their free stuff installed, didn't even remember. I installed them a while back on Mavericks and since I switched to Yosemite a month ago, I didn't touch fcpx, so think that the combo with Yosemite is the problem. maybe something similar happened with you as well.
I uninstalled them and removed all the files but the problem was still there this morning, but i tried using the already made multicam clip.

just now, I gave it another try and I did 2 things so im not really sure what fixed it.
1 - I deleted the multicam clip and made a new one (so after the uninstall of these core melt plugs)
2 - I chose the custom option in the multicam window and set the fps the same as my project. My project was on 23,9fps and some videos were on 30fps. (the standard setting was 30fps) so i put it at 23,9 as well.

One of these 2 things did the trick because its working again.

hope this helps you...

Kr,

Heimen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]